Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

My Build..

Old 11-11-2008, 08:40 PM
JDM Monkey Tuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy
Default My Build..

So im gettin close to putting my first build in and im start to get worried on if ive got all my bases covered and if im gonna make the power i want. so here it is, and if you have any things to say that are negative either pm or keep it yourself dont bash my thread. but any positive comments or advice would be appreciated. and im not rich so dont joke.

ok so.im lookin to get atleast 220whp to a 350whp max and this is a dd also for the time being til a find a beater so i dont want to put too much psi on the motor...
95 civic coupe
d16z6
stock bore
eagle h beam rods
vitara 8:5;1 comp pistons
arp head studs
3 layer head gasket
stage 4 clutch
port and polished head
new valve seals
new gaskets throughout the bulk of the motor
walboro 255 fuel pump
3 bar map sensor
550 injectors
turbo kit is pieced together
blitz bov
tial wastegate
obx manifold tubular
garret. 60 trim
hks intercooler
p28 w/crome
new bearing main/rod all that

im sure there is more i just cant think of it at the moment...

Last edited by Bumper Caddy; 12-22-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My Build..

Why not go B-series and mod from there?

Also, I would be leary of the ebay turbo and havn't heard alot of good things about OBX manifolds.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
JDM Monkey Tuning

Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy Bumper Caddy

yea i know im gonna upgrade the turbo eventually but dont have the money right now, and i kinda just like single cams for some reason and dont know much about b series so if i ran into problems i would have to go elsewhere instead of doin it myself
Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You forgot the intercooler and the engine management.

Also, stay away from eBay turbos. You can spend the money now for a quality turbo, or you can spend it more than once with an eBay turbo. Your choice. Unless you're talking about getting a used turbo of decent quality on eBay, not just a cheap Chinese fly by night knockoff.. Seriously, the Chinese knockoff turbos are the worst thing that ever happened to the performance aftermarket, and they don't save anyone money in the long run.

You can save money by getting a turbo with an internal wastegate; it won't matter at the power levels you're talking about. You might think about a cast manifold also, it will last longer many times longer than an OBX manifold and again, it won't matter for the power levels you're talking about. Many stock turbo manifolds are cast for a reason, they are bulletproof and work great for moderate power levels.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 11-11-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Banned

MajorsEF will become famous soon enough

listen to this man^ i have a cast iron d16 manifold ill sell you, thanks for not thinking you need to sleeve your motor hahahah. look into getting your ecu socketed and use crome for a tune..good luck
Old 11-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt

are you planning on getting bearings too?

i know of several people who have had/still have ebay turbos.... it's not like it will kill your car instantly by bolting it on. im also unsure of how far the .57 is going to get you... i have a T3 (.60 AR) that im using in my turbo build, and judging by the compressor map, 15psi should get me about 250hp... so the .57 might be a little small for your power goals...
Old 11-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Banned

MajorsEF will become famous soon enough

a 57 trim will definitely hit his goal
Old 11-12-2008, 08:29 AM
JDM Monkey Tuning

haha sorry guys i have a hks intercooler, pretty big i dont know the measurements and i have a p28 with crome in it. and uea i was gonna upgrade the turbo in the next few months i just have to save up a good 500, and i heard that the response is better in cast but you wont be able to make as much power? but i do hear they are indesructable
Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 AM
JDM Monkey Tuning

oh yea i got new bearings all around as well, but you really dont think ill make 220? even after i upgrade to a better turbo?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Add a cam to your motor

Let me know if you need any help!

Quick Reply: My Build..