Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Must know B Series... will pay

Old 02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Its a Man part.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Must know B Series... will pay

Ok guys heres the deal... my car is idling at 5.5k Rpms and I cant figure out why... before I swapped my intake manifold it idled at 3k tell it warmed up... due to the IAC V... now it idles at 5.5k and I dont know why.... I replaced the intake manifold gasket and even got a fresh IAC.. so here is the deal... if you really know your stuff and are local to newport news and you can fix my problem... im willing to pay.... cuz im getting VERY fed up with my car and just want it to run correctly. Feel free to call or text me at 757-344-6346.... if you have a good Itrade rating that helps.... its hard to trust people nowa days
Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Registered Member

F22BJSPECACCORD has disabled reputation
Default Re: Must know B Series... will pay

maybe a mixed up vaccum, what car, motor, mods, ect.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by F22BJSPECACCORD
maybe a mixed up vaccum, what car, motor, mods, ect.
Well im new to all this stuff.. its a 90 sedan civic. B16a thats obd-0 with a getto intake.. dc header.. aebs intake manifold honda oydessy throttle body.... custom 2.25 exhaust.... I dont want people to suggest things to me anymore because for the last 3 weeks ive tried everything to my knowing and have fixed or replaced what others have said it might be with no luck... im very sick of it.... id just like someone who knows what there doing with b series to come have a look to see if they can fix it. Ill be happy to pay

not trying to sound like a dick I just really want my car to run and be driveable again.

Last edited by 8====D; 02-25-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

The only thing that effects idle is your IACV or your TPS.

You can spray brake cleaner around all areas were a vacuum leak can happen. If the car flutters in idle or shuts off, you have a vac leak.

If that all fails, try a friends ECU.

Last edited by -JB-; 02-26-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:26 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Vacuum leak..esp if after IM swap.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 AM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

the tps sensor is voltage based i think......it has to be in the correct spot to work proper......check the t/b and see if its shut all the way........unplug the iacv and see if it revs up and down on its own............................................... ...................ill take the car off you hands lmk
Old 02-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

civtegra_gsr-ex has disabled reputation

high speed idle setting thats what was wrong with my eg gsr swap i unpluged the iacv and it indled like it had a hellashish cam and then i found that there is a little high speed idle setting on the TB its under a little plat towards the bacck of the TB its got 2 8mm bolts and under that plate theres a little thing that will screw in my number it 804 929 1188 hit me up i had the idle problem too
Old 02-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

Are you sure you have the plugs going to the correct sensor?

It very easy to mistake the IAT plug with the IACV plug.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Its a Man part.

Originally Posted by madsteez
Are you sure you have the plugs going to the correct sensor?

It very easy to mistake the IAT plug with the IACV plug.
Thats what im saying... im new to all this and im very fed up with it... so id just like someone to come take alook at it. .... wait whats the IAT? I have an extra plug that I can fig out what it goes to.... when I plugged it into the iac to see what happens the car idles at 3k but as tho it has a cam from hell and had no throttle response..

Im starting to think I forgot to put the TPS on my car but I dont remember seeing a spot for it on my new manifold

Last edited by 8====D; 02-26-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:40 PM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

tps on the t/b

Quick Reply: Must know B Series... will pay