Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

to much oil?

Old 08-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WannaBboosted has disabled reputation
Default to much oil?

ok so i accidently filled my oil up 2 much and now i went to start it and i got oil all in my spark plugs. whats the best way to get it out? someone told me to drain all but about a quart and remove spark plugs and just crank it like i was doing a compression test. lemme kno whats the best way thanks alot guys.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi

Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be
Default Re: to much oil?

sell car and invest in bus pass..
Old 08-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

slow97DSM slow97DSM slow97DSM slow97DSM slow97DSM slow97DSM slow97DSM slow97DSM slow97DSM slow97DSM slow97DSM

haha
Old 08-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Registered member

Mirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to allMirrorimg is a name known to all

What kind of car do you have?

When I had oil in my plug tubes it was because the seals went bad. It most likely was there before you put too much oil in. Pull the valve cover and replace the valve cover gasket and plug tube seals. You can try to soak some up with paper towels, but I just pulled my plugs and let it drain into the combustion chamber. Let out quite a bit of smoke, but after 30 seconds or so it was gone.

And how much over did you actually go? A whole lot, like 2 quarts over a 4quart fill? If you over filled it a little, you dont need to worry about anything.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So you have oil filling the cylinders? I'm totally confused about what you're trying to say here...
Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So you have oil filling the cylinders? I'm totally confused about what you're trying to say here...
fucking 1st!

OP how much oil did you put into what kind of car? how much oil was called for? the valve cover gasket being bad causes the symptoms youre trying to give.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

ok its a 92 honda civic. i prolly put about 2 quarts over 2 much didnt even realize it. all i kno is it sounds like it wants to crank over but just like bogs out and i think its cuz there is still a lil oil left in the spark plug holes. i havent takedn the valve cover off or anything like that so. but yes when you look at theinside of the actually whole to drop the spark plug into the oil is around the lil circle on the inside so it does look like the gasket may be bad. fuel pump is ok spark plugs r new wires are new main relay is good. new coil in distributer.

Last edited by WannaBboosted; 08-28-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:14 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by WannaBboosted
ok so i accidently filled my oil up 2 much and now i went to start it and i got oil all in my spark plugs. whats the best way to get it out? .
and you WannaBboosted?
Old 08-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nftuatn
and you WannaBboosted?
seriosuly can i get some reall answers like fabrik8 always does and be mature about this shit all these damn people wasting my time and ur own.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:11 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

we already gave you real answers...

the tube seals are more then likely bad and leaking...take off valve cover,change the seals and the gasket,clean out the tubes with paper towels...

and if you think the oil is overfilled,drain it and refill it to proper level...

Quick Reply: to much oil?