Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

motor help

Old 08-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatchback91joey has disabled reputation
Default motor help

hello everyone what i need is to know if my ecu is bad would it make my car run and have no power what i am sayin is it starts up and runs but when i hit the gas and it just has no power could it be that my ecu is bad
Old 08-09-2008, 08:42 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: motor help

if your ecu is "bad" it usually wont let the car start, if it does it will run like bootycakes. theres multiple reasons as to why you dont have power when you hit the gas. do you have and check engine lights at all ? if your ecu is bad you should have a permanent check engine light on. looking at your user name im going to assume you have a 91 civic hatchback, look at your ecu, if the red light is on permanently and wont go off, you need to replace the ecu. if its blinking you need to check which codes are flashing.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:49 AM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Run-on sentences are the fuckin best!!!! English helps.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
if your ecu is "bad" it usually wont let the car start, if it does it will run like bootycakes. theres multiple reasons as to why you dont have power when you hit the gas. do you have and check engine lights at all ? if your ecu is bad you should have a permanent check engine light on. looking at your user name im going to assume you have a 91 civic hatchback, look at your ecu, if the red light is on permanently and wont go off, you need to replace the ecu. if its blinking you need to check which codes are flashing.
Lolololol at bootycakes.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Sounds like a sensor problem, or likely a wiring problem if the engine is swapped.