Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

more hp ls vtec, or gsr block b16 head

Old 05-09-2004, 08:16 AM
AKA DEATH TRAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts
Default more hp ls vtec, or gsr block b16 head

I'm looking to go ls vtec, but i wanted to know which setup puts out more hp and torque. I was interested in ls vtec but does a gsr bottom end and b16 head put out more hp than ls vtec? I need your knowledge asap.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: more hp ls vtec, or gsr block b16 head

If you want to make a lot of power and have it last a while...a built LS/VTEC will get you there. However, if you dont have the money to rebuild that bottom end with all the necessary parts....it isn't going to last nearly as long as the GSR/b16 hybrid motor would.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:51 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Here is my opinion...unless you want to spend ALOT OF MONEY, I would go with a GSR block with a b16 head. SK8 is correct...if you don't have the money to build the bottom end, go GSR...

Here is another option that I will be doing with my daily driven type R...Take an LS crank and throw it into the GSR block...this will make your total displacement 1834cc versus the stock GSR displacement of 1797cc. Now if you do this, you need to use LS rods or buy aftermarket rods but as the old adage says, "there is no replacement for displacement."

My new engine is a stroked and bored, high compression LS/VTEC, and the only reason I used the LS block was because I was totally building this engine from the ground up and LS blocks are cheap (I have three laying around for spares) If I had used the GSR block, I would have removed and filled the oil squirters to increase oil pressure...this is for a race only application.

Let me know if you have any questions

Jay
Old 05-10-2004, 07:32 AM
AKA DEATH TRAP

sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts

thanks for the feedback . i 'll consider the consequences of running ls gsr block. and then make my decision.