Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

more brakes/electrical? problem

Old 02-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Captain night owl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger
Default more brakes/electrical? problem

ok so my brakes be squeeling to say it in a nice way. i noticed some black stuff on my rims,not dust, kind of oilish. yest the abs light came on. turn off car and back on, no abs light. today driving there was a faint pop from passenger (glovebox,engine) were ecu.. are, at the time of the pop, lights inside dimmed for a second, and abs light comes on again. left car running and rpms dropped a sec and lights dimmed and went back to normal. depending on weather im gonna try and check it out this weekend, and ideas.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:26 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger
Default Re: more brakes/electrical? problem

Old 02-20-2004, 06:55 AM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

Originally Posted by vasponger
Your light most likely came on because you're losing fluid somewhere. As far as a "popping" noise in the ECU, and the lights dimming, it probably has to do with your abs control module. All the help I can offer..
Old 02-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Captain night owl

peob explain the black crap on the rim hmmm.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Maria Giovanna Bella

Hoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these parts

cooked brake fluid more than likely. Look for a leak and be careful because brakefluid will take your paint off really quick. As far as the pop...it could have been anything but worst case scenario you have a short in the wiring harness or somewhere going to the harness. Check it out man you dont wanna fry your ECU.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Captain night owl

i looked around i didnt smell or see anything burnt. the bottom half of my block looks wet, but i cant remember when it didnt. ill check for leaks in a bit. how do i fix the cooked fluid?
Old 02-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Maria Giovanna Bella

Hoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these parts

just clean it off with wheel cleaner or something. You might have to scrub a little with a sponge or something. Just use your bodyboard
Old 02-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Captain night owl

shes playing a trick on me i swear it, i go around the block do get the light to come on with the clicking, finally got it, the light came on and off whenever i hit the brakes, pull up to my house, it goes away no clicking. i havnt seen any leaks though.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Captain night owl

into further investigation, oil on rims is just oil how it got there is a mystery.
break pads are fine, squeeking investigation still underway. dimming lights/clicking, possible alternator,battery or abs motor relay... any thoughts i have found a site that sells the abs motor relay yet...
Old 02-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Errrm...buy my engine?

Quick Reply: more brakes/electrical? problem