VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   more brakes/electrical? problem (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/more-brakes-electrical-problem-42592/)

vasponger 02-19-2004 09:13 PM

more brakes/electrical? problem

ok so my brakes be squeeling to say it in a nice way. i noticed some black stuff on my rims,not dust, kind of oilish. yest the abs light came on. turn off car and back on, no abs light. today driving there was a faint pop from passenger (glovebox,engine) were ecu.. are, at the time of the pop, lights inside dimmed for a second, and abs light comes on again. left car running and rpms dropped a sec and lights dimmed and went back to normal. depending on weather im gonna try and check it out this weekend, and ideas.

vasponger 02-20-2004 06:26 AM

Re: more brakes/electrical? problem

:(

JBub 02-20-2004 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by vasponger
:(

Your light most likely came on because you're losing fluid somewhere. As far as a "popping" noise in the ECU, and the lights dimming, it probably has to do with your abs control module. All the help I can offer..

vasponger 02-20-2004 09:02 AM

peob explain the black crap on the rim hmmm.

Hoopride2000 02-20-2004 09:09 AM

cooked brake fluid more than likely. Look for a leak and be careful because brakefluid will take your paint off really quick. As far as the pop...it could have been anything but worst case scenario you have a short in the wiring harness or somewhere going to the harness. Check it out man you dont wanna fry your ECU.

vasponger 02-20-2004 09:22 AM

i looked around i didnt smell or see anything burnt. the bottom half of my block looks wet, but i cant remember when it didnt. ill check for leaks in a bit. how do i fix the cooked fluid?

Hoopride2000 02-20-2004 09:46 AM

just clean it off with wheel cleaner or something. You might have to scrub a little with a sponge or something. Just use your bodyboard :p

vasponger 02-20-2004 10:22 AM

:fu: shes playing a trick on me i swear it, i go around the block do get the light to come on with the clicking, finally got it, the light came on and off whenever i hit the brakes, pull up to my house, it goes away no clicking. :( i havnt seen any leaks though.

vasponger 02-20-2004 12:21 PM

into further investigation, oil on rims is just oil how it got there is a mystery.
break pads are fine, squeeking investigation still underway. dimming lights/clicking, possible alternator,battery or abs motor relay... any thoughts i have found a site that sells the abs motor relay yet...

MerF 02-20-2004 12:24 PM

Errrm...buy my engine?:dunno:
:D