Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

more advice about mounts

Old 06-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ready4anewhip has disabled reputation
Default more advice about mounts

I have recently picked up a new set of energy suspension motor mount inserts to install on my integra... what i would like to know is there anybody who has used them before and would advise yea sure install them or naw bro they suck..

I also wanna know if they are meant to just slide in between the original mounts on both sides or do i need to have each one pressed together?

the directions that comes in this pack is not helpful at all so i figured id come to some people who have tried these out first hand for advice.

Thanks again.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:44 PM
All Motor All Day

BuddyClubCivic has disabled reputation
Default Re: more advice about mounts

All of the inserts just slide in between the stock mounts except the driver's side mount. The drivers side mount requires you to remove all the stock "guts" and sleeves. They work very well in keeping the motor solid, however the interior of your car will vibrate like crazy. I run them in my car but probably wouldn't run them in a daily driver.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:04 PM
LIKE A BOSS

jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey jdm monkey

just try it. it's not that expensive is it?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Duct tape & Zip Ties

SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO

Originally Posted by BuddyClubCivic
All of the inserts just slide in between the stock mounts except the driver's side mount. The drivers side mount requires you to remove all the stock "guts" and sleeves. They work very well in keeping the motor solid, however the interior of your car will vibrate like crazy. I run them in my car but probably wouldn't run them in a daily driver.
They wont make your car rattle like crazy from what I noticed. Helped a couple guys put them in their daily's. They are fine for a inexpensive upgrade. less motor movement. If you have them, then put em in. ensure you place grease on the inside of mount bracket, makes install a little less of a bitch.
Never heard of anyone pressing out a stock mounts rubber and press in a different one, i.e. hasport mounts, innovative mounts are able to be interchanged.

Last edited by SCREECHO; 06-12-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: didnt really read previous response.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

ready4anewhip has disabled reputation

ok latest update i took out the front driver side motor mount and the trans mount both did not fit these mounts.. fml they shipped me the wrong mount inserts. the driver side is the solid steel with oem rubber which did not line up at all the instructions they gave looked to appear as if they were for the torque mounts under the car... i have to call E.S. M. M. tomorrow and ask why this
is