Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Missfiring engine :help:

Old 12-22-2003, 11:27 AM
we PARTYIN!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Missfiring engine :help:

i went to the dyno yesterday at abacus to get my car dyno'd and see what numbers it would produce. when they took it up to about 4500 rpm's it started misfiring so they let off it and had to stop the dyno. they tried again but a coupler blew at about the same time it started missfiring. so i didn't get any numbers off it. can someone help tell me why it's missfiring? thanks.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Are you using an aftermarket ignition amplifier? If so explain the setup.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:40 AM
we PARTYIN!

1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah im using the MSD 6BTM and MSD blaster ss coil w/ 8.5 mm msd spark plug wires.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I have seen a few MSD amplifiers go bad lately. That may be the culprit. Does it rev to redline?
Old 12-22-2003, 11:47 AM
we PARTYIN!

yes it revs to redline if i took it that high, but rarely do i take it that high.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Asshole Supreme

Have you checked the cap, rotor, plugs and wires?
When did the problem start? After you changed something?
Old 12-22-2003, 11:59 AM
we PARTYIN!

no we havent checked any of those. ive never heard it missfire till yesterday on the dyno.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:01 PM
Asshole Supreme

I would check all of those first.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:10 PM
we PARTYIN!

thanks much 0psi. ill check those out first. anyone else have any other suggestions?
Old 12-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Asshole Supreme

Most ignition problems with Hondas are caused by something very simple. And when your car was running on the dyno I could tell you were having ignition problems. I was in another room at the time and could here it.

Quick Reply: Missfiring engine :help: