Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mini me Swap

Old 11-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dmoney34 has disabled reputation
Default Mini me Swap

Whats up guys,

I got a 96 Honda civic ek hatch and I got a mini me head swap that I was going to do. What I was thinking was to do the head swap get all the parts and all for about 150-200 and then maybe put a turbo this summer. I was just curious as to do you guys think this is a good idea? or save the money up for a swap? Just tell me what you guys think
Old 11-14-2013, 02:21 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Mini me Swap

Use the fucking search button tard
Old 11-14-2013, 03:36 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by dmoney34
Whats up guys,

I got a 96 Honda civic ek hatch and I got a mini me head swap that I was going to do. What I was thinking was to do the head swap get all the parts and all for about 150-200 and then maybe put a turbo this summer. I was just curious as to do you guys think this is a good idea? or save the money up for a swap? Just tell me what you guys think
drive it and don't fuck with it
Old 11-14-2013, 07:14 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

These are the best two options, op.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:21 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

drive it the way it is. a stock single cam will see 35+mpg all day long and d-series vtec is laughable at best. swapping it is dumb because you either need to dumb the car down to obd1 or find an obd2 swap that wont throw codes come inspection time.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Originally Posted by boredom
drive it the way it is. a stock single cam will see 35+mpg all day long and d-series vtec is laughable at best. swapping it is dumb because you either need to dumb the car down to obd1 or find an obd2 swap that wont throw codes come inspection time.
since when do hondas get inspections? i thought they all just blow up smokey`s inbox for cheap stickers :P
Old 11-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

As everyone else said don't fuck with it. The only two outcomes I see here are these. You spending a bunch of money on it, then trying to get it all back here with another pointless thread and getting pissy when people flame you for the price. Or you build it half assed and make another shitty thread wanting all your money back and get pissy. Boosting a D series is expensive to be done correctly at the end of the day it won't make much more power than a built all motor set up. I've seen quite a few that were well built and they were still problematic.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I think the problem here is that the people who are wanting to boost a D-series are the same people that aren't willing to spend the money to do it properly. D-series as a starting platform doesn't exactly scream "let's do this the right way".
Old 11-15-2013, 09:46 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

Fabrik8 comes through...once again
Old 11-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I think the problem here is that the people who are wanting to boost a D-series are the same people that aren't willing to spend the money to do it properly. D-series as a starting platform doesn't exactly scream "let's do this the right way".
You always have the best way of telling people how they are failing with tact.

Quick Reply: Mini me Swap