Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mini-Me Help

Old 04-09-2003, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma
Default Mini-Me Help

im installing a si motor, trany, ecu, and axles into my hf...my plan is to use the 96-98 sohc vtec head on it...and timing problems on it...what type of adjustable cam gear should i use?...and i am planning on using a supercharger on the motor to get some better torque off the line since my car is already 1700lbs i thought good torque then the vtec around 4400-5000 to rip in some xtra power...i am going to be using the apexi vafc along with the si ecu...how well would this setup run? also getting an intake and headers already have 2 1/4 exhaust...test pipe or high flow cat?
Old 04-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Banned

1groundedseeRX is an unknown quantity at this point

i say high flow cat ...test pipe get too many tickets and i can tell you that the test pipe ticket is pricey! just my 2cents
Old 04-10-2003, 01:26 AM
Daddy status

chirp the 1-2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I ran the same setup I used a 89 civic dx belt and a AEM cam gear. If you search on this sight you will see most of the build up!!
As far as the si ecu I would look into some other type of engine management you will be lean with the jackson racing!!!
Im running all motor full race head stock cams 11.5-1 comp and im lean as it is right now with a stock si ecu and b@m fuel pressure regulator set at 46psi!!
Old 04-10-2003, 03:23 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

you'll be fine with out the charger...charge only good for mid end power thats it..but off the line be prepared for a lot of spinning. i say there only good for highway racing, not track or street, you'll spin thru 3rd
Old 04-10-2003, 04:08 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

man i have done plenty of these. you want to use a 96-00 ex head gasket and timing belt. you should be just fine with the y8 cam gear. the vafc should work nicely for your setup. youre gonna have some pretty high compression to use a super charger.

i'm sure that most know my favorite power adder

it just happens to work good with high compression!
Old 04-10-2003, 04:12 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

make sure that you remove the oil control jet in the block or vtec will not work!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 08:49 AM

nice..whats ur power adder...no2? i was thinking of using the apexi vafc to make sure it doesnt run lean...doesnt no2 after awhile wear down the engine alot? and the jackson racing supercharger is adjustable so as long as i can adjust it then i can tune with a fuel rail and injectors and a new pump to compensate for the lack of fuel and keeping down the charger would prevent detonation...but can it be adjusted to boost a little more in higher rpms? or is that not an option...
Old 04-10-2003, 09:04 AM

i also say i nice ass spooned up civic hatch in sport compact car march 2002...16in spoon sports sw388 wheels with 205/45zr-16 nitro nt555 tires for the traction...since my car wieghs next to nothing and this engine aparently pulls like a beast then i was wondering on the traction control options...spoon sports strut bars? or is there another brand better? also what about anti-roll bars...im gonna plan for strip and track use...suspension i was thinking of using the skunk2 coil-overs with the tokico illumina adjustable gas shocks...any advice here? and yes all my money is going into performance not body work that is pointless until im fast enough to look fast.