Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

mini cooper sunroof issue

Old 01-02-2012, 03:41 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kupapalani has disabled reputation
Default mini cooper sunroof issue

Hey guys I just recently purchased an 03 mini Cooper with a known sunroof problem. Initially it would open completely just sound like something was jammed. I decided not to use it but accidentally I used the convieniece feature that vents the whole car. It was definatly.stuck and one of the arms on the left side was disconnected. We manually closed it and took the fuse out. Next were going to try the old lube job but it appears to be cock eyed or off the rails. Any one have any CHEAP or fixes in general for this? And anyone know a place to get a key made besides the mini dealership. Thanks guys
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

kupapalani has disabled reputation
Default Re: mini cooper sunroof issue

Up
Old 01-04-2012, 12:12 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: mini cooper sunroof issue

Where are you located?

The mechanism is pretty straight forward, there are quite a few threads over on North American motoring.

Also, for future reference, you can close it manually by a hex key wench located under where the clock is, that cover will pry off and you can't miss it.