Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Mazda B2200 help

Old 12-20-2005, 05:08 AM
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Mazda B2200 help

Well, I wanna sell my 1991 Mazda B2200, but its got some issues that would be nice to clear up before selling. My ABS light is on almost constantly. I found a really shitty Mazda forum and I gathered that I need to replace my ABS sensor, which I believe is on the rear axle? I also need to replace an O2 sensor I believe. CEL light came on, and it came on at 80k, when the manual says to replace the O2 sensor. I've never had it hooked up to a diagnostic machine to find out exactly what I need because I'm not paying someone $80 to tell me whats wrong. How much would I be looking at for both these sensors? From what everyone has told me they are simple to replace, so I figure I can do it.

Another problem I have is my idle blows. I start up my truck, and it idles really low, and then will die or will die if I hit the gas. The next time I start it up it will idle really high, and then I hit the gas to get it to idle normally, then I'm good to go. From what I read on that shitty forum, I need to adjust an idle control valve or something rather. It was 4-5 months ago that I read this stuff so I can't really remember much. What I wanna know is what exactly do I need to do to fix this idle problem?

Last problem, isn't really necessarily B2200 specific, but my key won't come out of my ignition if I put it into park(auto tranny). I have to put it into neutral to remove the key. If I put it into park, I then have to put the shifter into neutral and then pull a lever on the ignition to release the key. I had to remove parts of the steering column cover to be able to access that lever.

Any help you guys can provide will be great, because the sooner I fix this stuff, the sooner the car will get sold, and the sooner I can have my Integra one color again.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:10 AM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入
Default Re: Mazda B2200 help

ABS problem can be many things. But a easy check is to check the first connector from the wheel speed sensor. If there is dirty, debris or corrosion then clean it out. Compressed air works really well along with a brass tube cleaner. Also depending on what channel ABS you have that will determine if you have one on the rear axle or not. You can easily check each sensor with a Digital/Analog Oscilloscope.

4 channel ABS has 1 wheel speed sensor on each corner.
3 channel has 1 on each wheel up front then 1 on the rear axle.

Your idle issue may also be a easy fix. As it seems to never really have a constant idle when you start up. It either high or low. You could simply have a very dirty throttle body which is causing it to stick. Once you apply the pedal a few times to get the throttle moving it may be moving the funk around enough to give it the movement it requires. Try simply cleaning it and see where that leads you.

Ok the key issue could be a bad sensor that is not detecting the transmission in PARK. Actually Im quite sure that is it. Im not sure what else it could be.

Last edited by 連続注入; 12-20-2005 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:17 AM
<3

Originally Posted by Nd4sped
Ok the key issue could be a bad sensor that is not detecting the transmission in PARK. Actually Im quite sure that is it. Im not sure what else it could be.
Thanks for the help. Where would I find this sensor? Also, how would I know if I have 3 or 4 channel ABS?
Old 12-20-2005, 07:24 AM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

Originally Posted by mad JDM DC4
Thanks for the help. Where would I find this sensor? Also, how would I know if I have 3 or 4 channel ABS?
Where you will find that sensor is gonna be left up to you. I suggest you get a manual for your vehicle as Im not sure. Auto tranny isnt till Spring Semester so I cant help you there.

Simply look on each spindle for a device (sensor) that is built into the spindle. If their is one on each spindle that you have 4 channel. If not there should be one located near or on the rear differential housing, giving you 3 channel.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:36 AM
<3

Easy enough. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:25 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by Nd4sped
Auto tranny isnt till Spring Semester so I cant help you there.
Hahah...

I know how you feel.