Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LT1 swap build

Old 05-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dizzyninja has disabled reputation
Cool LT1 swap build

i have a 94 z28 i threw a rod in im going to be buying a remanufactured LT1 long block soon but i want to put a custom grinned cam and custom heads on it. This is my first engine build is it ok to swap out the cam and heads on a new motor. What else is gonna be need for the long block to drop in and go its no crate motor but i know long blocks dont come with everything needed. and im gonna need to change the stall and the gears it has a TCI 350 racing tranny and stock 10 bolt rear end anyone know any good places in Lynchburg that wont screw me. also im been thinking of putting a roll cage/bar in it, its a top car i want to reenforce it any places in lynchburg or close buy do that.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: LT1 swap build

Its an LT1 - - > boat anchor. If you wanna put money into it, don't even go 'custom ground' just get an off the shelf package thats proven to work with eachother.

Second - the fact that you want to put a roll cage in a street car and need someone to do it tells me you're around 17 years old. Just drive the car.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:51 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Its an LT1 - - > boat anchor. If you wanna put money into it, don't even go 'custom ground' just get an off the shelf package thats proven to work with eachother.

Second - the fact that you want to put a roll cage in a street car and need someone to do it tells me you're around 17 years old. Just drive the car.
This
Old 05-08-2011, 02:06 PM
goon squad

funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder

if this is your first build an LT1 is not a good choice of an engine to tackle. try a lawnmower engine first.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Officially Official

Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts

Get a Civic...

That way when you fuck up you can go to the FS section and get what ever you need and fuck up again....

...And still only spen $50.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

dizzyninja has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RandomTask

im 24 by the way and i have no experience in welding or how to install a roll cage. I have always like the lt1 motor just because its a cast iron block people look down on it and say dont wast the money and upgrade to the ls1. the LT1 has potential and i want the car reenforced since it has t tops so what ever HP or torque i get out of the motor it dont twist my car like a pretzel
Old 05-08-2011, 05:24 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Go ls/v-tec. No one will ever know or care.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:28 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by dizzyninja
im 24 by the way and i have no experience in welding or how to install a roll cage. I have always like the lt1 motor just because its a cast iron block people look down on it and say dont wast the money and upgrade to the ls1. the LT1 has potential and i want the car reenforced since it has t tops so what ever HP or torque i get out of the motor it dont twist my car like a pretzel
There's so much wrong with this statement, I don't know where to start.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Originally Posted by dizzyninja
I twisted your mom like a pretzel
Old 05-08-2011, 05:35 PM
goon squad

funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder funder.bunder

Originally Posted by POS DSM
I twisted your mom like a pretzel
i love you

Quick Reply: LT1 swap build