Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LSD worth it?

Old 05-18-2006, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ONECAM has disabled reputation
Default LSD worth it?

I'm planning on rebuilding a transmission for my civic as my next project. I have read up about the different LSD's, but how much does it really help? Let's base this on 1/4 mile time. this is on a civic with roughly 200whp and a little less tq.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:32 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: LSD worth it?

I can't speak in regards to Honda's because I don't know what you're going to gain with a Honda, but I built my transmission and installed LSD at the same time and it was a night and day difference... and handles better too!
Old 05-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

I would definitly recomend the diff. I can not give you an exact on quarter times that you will get but it does help.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

chuckyarus has disabled reputation

If you get some good dot slicks I never had much of a problem hooking up in the bite after a good burn out. On the street it would help. I put a phantom limited slip in a ls crx I had back in the day, It didn't hook up good, guess you buy cheap you get cheap.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Banned

crvtt717 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a phantom grip lsd in my rex. It didnt hook up well either. I heard quaife LSD's are great. There are other great brands too though.

The phantom grip didnt hook up well, but it,imo, still was better than no lsd. I had better handling with it.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:32 PM
No more yellow

bigbodycrx has disabled reputation

friend of mine got a type r lsd put in his hatch makin over 200 hp and he loves it, said it made the world of different, jsut dont buy cheap
Old 05-18-2006, 06:01 PM

I have heard about the obx lsd's. i know there have been a few horror story's with them, but i also saw pics of how they are almost exactly like the quaifes. u just have to take them apart and check everything when u get them b4 u instal, thats what i was considering getting.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:55 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

I've talk'd to several different people with 500+whp Hondas, most haven't have problems with OBX lsd's.

I'm not speaking from experience, because honestly, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm about to boost, and I really want something I can hook with.

My friend has a Kaaz in his Type-R tranny, and loves it to death. I'd have to say it's a good lsd aswell, but I haven't driven the car hard, only stop light to stoplight.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

highly recommended i got a type r tranny which comes with one from the factory, mostly what a lsd does is it keeps you from spinning just one wheel with one it will always be both
Old 05-19-2006, 09:19 AM

yea i understand the theory behind it. Thats why i first considered getting one. Duh, two tires spinning > one tire spinning. I'm was looking for some real world proof about how much of a difference it would really make.

I'm sure I will end up getting one.

Quick Reply: LSD worth it?