Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS VTEC question

Old 03-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The real Ryan has disabled reputation
Default LS VTEC question

how long will it last on a forged bottom end. are the power gains worth the swap?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:29 AM
DVS DSM

noyorol_1 has disabled reputation
Default Re: LS VTEC question

To be honest I think the LS swap is over rated.But I know alot of people who have them.NOw with the forged bottom end do you plan on boosting it?
Old 03-02-2004, 07:38 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

An LS swap, and LS/VTEC swap are totally different animals.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:24 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

If you build it correct, an LS/VTEC will last a long time with great power...but too many people cut corners to save money and thats when the bad stuff starts to happen.

You are going to hear different opinions from everyone...but yes I think it is "worth the swap"

I have a project LS/VTEC that I have been working on for about two months now if you want to know more.

Jay
Old 03-02-2004, 09:44 AM
drive hard or walk

Drastic1 is an unknown quantity at this point

If LS VTEC was such a good idea Honda would have do it in the first place. Go to hondastyle.com and read up on it
Old 03-02-2004, 10:11 AM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drastic1
If LS VTEC was such a good idea Honda would have do it in the first place. Go to hondastyle.com and read up on it
This is the most common comment made by ignorant 17 year old kids in reference to the LS/VTEC.

Well tell me this, smart guy, why do people turbocharge their engines? or why do people add NOS to their engines? 'Cause Honda didn't build it that way.

Technology changes...performance increases...and people find new ways to make bigger and better and faster engines.

Please do me a favor...do a little more research before you speak up next time...and if you don't believe me, go ask InlinePRO why they use LS/VTEC's in their 11 and 10 second All-Motor cars.

Last edited by JayDM; 03-02-2004 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:16 AM

Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers

Originally Posted by Drastic1
try to rev a ls engine over 7k(non-vtec)
Old 03-02-2004, 10:28 AM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3

Originally Posted by JayDM
This is the most common comment made by ignorant 17 year old kids in reference to the LS/VTEC.

Well tell me this, smart guy, why do people turbocharge their engines? or why do people add NOS to their engines? 'Cause Honda didn't build it that way.

Technology changes...performance increases...and people find new ways to make bigger and better and faster engines.

Please do me a favor...do a little more research before you speak up next time...and if you don't believe me, go ask InlinePRO why they use LS/VTEC's in their 11 and 10 second All-Motor cars.
GOT EM
Old 03-02-2004, 10:34 AM
The Comeback Kid

Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76

Originally Posted by JayDM

Ouch
Old 03-02-2004, 11:26 AM
^avatarless

crumpler is on a distinguished road

i've heard about reliability issues on stock bottom end after 30,000 miles, but that's just from team-integra.net

only way to know is to try

Quick Reply: LS VTEC question