Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS TURBO HELP

Old 02-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noobie has disabled reputation
Default LS TURBO HELP

hello. need an answers. I have search FAQ and many forums to only gather different answers.

im swapping and boosting an stock ls nothing more then 7/8psi until money for tune.
440cc injectors
225 fuelpump

which to use? stock ls ecu or hondata ecu that was tuned on another car making high hp.

tuning down the road but not anytime soon.

thanks.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed
Default Re: LS TURBO HELP

Build it or don't boost it. Stock won't last long with even that much boost. People get lucky, but generally you're taking a gamble with something you have to baby and never push as hard as you want. 7 psi is weak you want like 15 or it's not worth it.

Also sounds like you don't have enough cash to make this happen if you plan on BSing on the tune. Pretty much don't go turbo if you don't know much about boosting an engine and don't have a lot of money.Stay NA.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Ran my LS on an FMU for about a month. I didn't super beat on it. Just lost interest in boost and was young and low on funds.

I wouldn't recommend running an FMU for anything but a test run on install day/dyno day, this is if you have to drive the car to the shop for some reason.

8psi is fine on a t3, on the low side...low is good if you don't want to blow your motor. That's how i look at it. You should still see about 200hp at 8psi (depending on turbo size, wastegate, piping diameter, so on)
Old 02-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Also, depending on how close you can get your setup to that hondata ecu...go with that. It would probably be better than an FMU.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

d16tof22 has disabled reputation

Use the Hondata ECU and get it tuned or don't boost it now. You need a base map tune to at least lean out your injectors so it will idle. You definitely do not want to boost a Honda without tuning it ASAP.

Also; every car is different, even with the same mods, same engine, etc. A tune for another car will almost certainly be terrible on your car and could end up killing the engine quickly.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by d16tof22
Use the Hondata ECU and get it tuned or don't boost it now. You need a base map tune to at least lean out your injectors so it will idle. You definitely do not want to boost a Honda without tuning it ASAP.

Also; every car is different, even with the same mods, same engine, etc. A tune for another car will almost certainly be terrible on your car and could end up killing the engine quickly.
Yes. Well said.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Noobie has disabled reputation

Thanks Sixcyl and D16tof22 for the help! Greatly appreciate it buds! and for the other shitheads all yall ever good for is talking shit, if it isnt your shit or your no help shut the fuck up. Thanks fuckheads
Old 02-13-2014, 08:24 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Why don't you keep it NA until you have everything you need, as well as the funds for a reputable tuner?

I've never understood why people can't just wait a couple extra weeks/months.

Then you still have your reliable daily driver (I'm assuming).
Old 02-13-2014, 08:32 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

talk to shad.

do what he recommends and youll probably make upper 200's lower 300's on a stock b18a or b18b..
Old 02-13-2014, 09:14 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Why don't you keep it NA until you have everything you need, as well as the funds for a reputable tuner?

I've never understood why people can't just wait a couple extra weeks/months.

Then you still have your reliable daily driver (I'm assuming).
This. Can't afford to pay...can't afford to play.

Also...OP is a broke ass who can't afford to do it right

Quick Reply: LS TURBO HELP