Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS clutch/tranny problems

Old 12-02-2005, 09:13 PM
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default LS clutch/tranny problems

So I started my car up this afternoon to goto work. I drive a 98 LS Integra, completely stock. Its got 101k miles. I started it up normal, held in the clutch and went to put it in reverse. No go. It felt like I didn't even have the clutch pedal pushed in, yet it was in to start the car. So I shut off the car, and shifted it into reverse while the car was off. Started it up. With the clutch pushed to the floor it felt like I was barely giving it gas and was letting off the clutch, it was starting to idle real low as if it were about to cut off. I also couldn't shift the car out of Reverse. I shut off the car and got it back into neutral. I am not that great with cars. I don't really know a ton, so I have no idea what this could be. When I came home tonight, I went to try again, and when I got in the car, I realized my clutch pedal was sitting halfway down, as if it were pushed halfway down. I pulled it forward to where it normally sits and it came up with no effort. I then pushed down on it to start the car and I had no pressure at all until I got it near to the floor, well past the engagement point. Any help will be nice, because I doubt my dad will know anything and he's gonna look at it tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:29 AM
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation
Default Re: LS clutch/tranny problems

You may need to bleed the clutch.. And make sure you check to see if there is any fluid in it first.. Or the throw out bearing may be going bad.. I would try to bleed it first.

Last edited by non-vtecpower; 12-03-2005 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:32 AM
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation

Oh yeah and if you dont know anything about your car i recommend picking up one of these.

Old 12-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

chris. my phone didnt ring... call me up punk!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:33 AM
<3

I forgot you never sleep. I'll probably call you tomorrow, I'm just gonna drive my dad's truck to work today, I've got tomorrow off.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

nope. sleep is for women. just call me when you get a chance.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:06 PM
<3

Got it working, just needed some fluid in the resevouir(sp). I'm an idiot when it comes to my car. I need to take some time and learn a few things.

non-vtec- I was in advance auto today and they didn't have the haynes manual. I'm gonna look in a few more and see if I can't find one. Any place to get one other than Advance/Autozone? Locally, not online.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

Originally Posted by non-vtecpower
You may need to bleed the clutch.. And make sure you check to see if there is any fluid in it first.. Or the throw out bearing may be going bad.. I would try to bleed it first.
If that was the case then he would have poor shifting, grinding basicly due to the clutch not disengaging/engaging properly.

If there was no fluid in the clutch line then the pedal would just drop to the floor and stay there.

As far as bleeding it, I would just flush the system and then bleed properly. Remeber to have who ever is helping you to have the pedal to the floor and hold it before you close the bleed valve. This way you will not suck air back into the system.

Also it is a common symptom with Hondas to have a hard time getting into Reverse. many Honda owners experience this problem all the time.

Just reapply the clutch again and it should go in smoothly.

Also one thing that many people do not know is that Clutch/Brake Fluid is hydroponic. These fluids naturally absorb moisture out of the air. This will cause water in the clutch fluid system and eventually cause vapor lock when applying the clutch frequently. So never resuse clutch fluid that has been sitting open or has been opened and stored for a long period of time. I just recommend that you use new clutch/brake fluid everytime.

Also when picking out fluid, make sure you get what your manufacturer recommends, IE: DOT3, DOT4, etc.