VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Lowering my civic question (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/lowering-my-civic-question-473807/)

clinton32385 07-21-2013 03:56 PM

Lowering my civic question

Please delete.....

wierdguy75 07-21-2013 04:25 PM

Re: Lowering my civic question

So did you buy coilovers or lowering springs? Only thing your strut does is absorb impact when your riding down the road. If thats the only side that is doing it there was probably something that didnt get installed right. Your springs and the adjusters are the only thing that have to do with your ride height.

wierdguy75 07-21-2013 04:27 PM

p.s. correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure all the way up should be slammed and all the way down is "stock"

0bd2eg 07-21-2013 04:55 PM

Reinstall stock springs if you want a stock ride height. If you're saving for a set of decent coilovers why did you buy junk? Make a plan, have patience, stick to the plan and do it right the first time so you don't have to ask shit like this.

Edit, eibach sportline are 200ish bucks, ride great , and have a decent ride height with correct rates for the car you buy them for. If you must be lowered yo

Fabrik8 07-21-2013 05:10 PM

So the sleeve is threaded, and the bottom of the sleeve sits against the lower spring perch. The threaded perches that the bottom of the spring sits on set the ride height. So now that we're on the same page, let's think about what the adjustment does. If the threaded perch is at it's lowest setting, the combined length of the spring and threaded sleeve is at it's shortest, which is the lowest ride height. If the threaded perch is at it's highest setting, the combined length of the spring and threaded sleeve is at it's longest, which is the highest ride height.

If you have the perches all the way up, and you're still pretty slammed, that means that the sleeve/spring combination is pretty short compared to stock, and you're not getting any higher than that (only lower than that). This has nothing to do with the struts, because the struts aren't a spring and don't really do anything to support the weight of the car. The spring does that. It doesn't matter if the struts are blown or not, because it's not really going to change your ride height at all.

07Spec 07-21-2013 05:28 PM

and in layman's terms, you bought cheap ebay coilover sleeves that are likely of questionable quality and do not compare in either spring rates or sizes to give your car a non-slammed appearance. The cheap crap you bought is either installed incorrectly or it is not meant to do what you intended. Put the oem stuff back on and save your money for a car that you won't throw cheap shitty parts on just to catch up to a trend.

clinton32385 07-21-2013 06:06 PM

The spring/ sleeve combo is as higher as long as it will get and the car is pretty slammed. I installed the springs, sleeves, o-rings, top hats the same way or each wheel and the drivers side adjusts fine it's just the pass side I'm having issues with

Fabrik8 07-21-2013 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by clinton32385 (Post 8182283)
and the drivers side adjusts fine it's just the pass side I'm having issues with

This means you're most likely doing something wrong. It's hard to tell without seeing pictures, but there aren't that many things you can do wrong because the install is pretty easy....