Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Lower my car for me - make some $$$

Old 08-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FST-LANE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lower my car for me - make some $$$

OK, I'm officially FEED UP with this! First off, I got some "lowering springs" that were 5 times too small, then I got some different "lowering springs" and installed them this weekend (after getting shut down saturday when I stripped the threads on the strut, but got some old 100 year old that had a M12x1.25 tap and die kit... no other store around here had the right size...)
Anyways, put the new struts and new "lowering springs" on a few hours ago... difference in height: NADA!

Tired of this crap, and I'm still not even sure if I'm doing it right...

This is what I want.... Someone who will take the time to CUT my stock springs (or point me in the right direction of where I can get them cut at)
and then take my car and install the new struts and the cut springs.

ALSO, is it a good idea just to CUT the stock springs to make them shorter? Some guy told me he did it, and it was fine... Just want some expert advice...

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 08-21-2005, 03:34 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Lower my car for me - make some $$$

just get some fat people to ride with you. thats what i do

Ebay parts=shit.

real lowering parts aint cheap, but worth it.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:35 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

I wouldn't suggest cutting your springs. It's difficult to do EXACT measurements.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

and cutting your springs ae illegal also...!!
Old 08-21-2005, 04:54 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Cutting your stock springs is retarded. Yes, it lowers your car, however, it complete throws out any handling capabilities, any load capabilities, basically anything that a suspension is meant to do. Your stock springs have a certain spring rate that is meant specifically for your vehicle, and cutting your springs tosses that out the window. Lowering springs are designed to maintain that spring rate, while giving you the shortened spring. What brand springs do you have? You more than likely just need to give the springs a chance to settle in. Most brand new lowering springs will take a couple days/weeks to finally drop down completely.

If you want though, I will gladly chop your springs for you and reinstall them, since you are willing to pay cash. I wouldn't advise it though.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TPJ
Cutting your stock springs is retarded. Yes, it lowers your car, however, it complete throws out any handling capabilities, any load capabilities, basically anything that a suspension is meant to do. Your stock springs have a certain spring rate that is meant specifically for your vehicle, and cutting your springs tosses that out the window. Lowering springs are designed to maintain that spring rate, while giving you the shortened spring. What brand springs do you have? You more than likely just need to give the springs a chance to settle in. Most brand new lowering springs will take a couple days/weeks to finally drop down completely.

If you want though, I will gladly chop your springs for you and reinstall them, since you are willing to pay cash. I wouldn't advise it though.

Haha, I know, but I really just want it lowered!! You have no idea how much this irrates me, spending as much time as I did, and it not changing a thing...

OK, well, let me keep the new strut and "lowering spring" on my front left wheel for a week or two and see if anything happens...lol... Then I'll get back to you...

P.S. Illegal to cut springs... Hmmm.... just trying to think of the last time Officer bent down and looked at someones springs...lol... o well, I'll tell him he's dumb and doesnt know what he's talking about and that ride height is STOCK!!! lol
Old 08-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower

Just keep it that way till you have more money. You will be a lot happier with spending more money for a stiffer ride than a shitty bouncy one.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

save up and get coil-overs. and remember you pay for what you get
Old 08-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Banned

Well, I could do that, and this time, I'll get some real lowering springs from CustomMaxima.com, but after looking at the pictures of the ones on there, they look like they're about the same size as these other ones that I got...

Also, Coil-overs... im pretty sure that's what I have...
Image of my new struts/shocks

Those are my new struts I bought... I dont have the cool blue springs tho... I have some oranage ones, that are "lowering springs" too...

BTW, even tho I only put one new strut and "lowering spring" on, i could really feel the bumps today... :-\
Would there really be that big of a difference in buy $200 lowering springs from CustomMaxima.com rather than just making my stock ones shorter? I'm not some professional track racer... I had happy with the handling improvment I got from my new tires and rims...haha...

Thanks for ur opinion...
-Andrew
Old 08-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Originally Posted by FST-LANE
Also, Coil-overs... im pretty sure that's what I have...
Image of my new struts/shocks
no, coilovers are adjustable.

Quick Reply: Lower my car for me - make some $$$