Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

low oil psi

Old 09-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99gsrbholtz has disabled reputation
Default low oil psi

Aight ppl i have a 99 gsr with an obd1 jdm gsr swap fully built head manley valve train pro series +1 cams port n polish valve job etc.... STOCK BLOCK... I have an oil psi problem 18 psi at idle and while im driving down the interstate the oil pressure fluxuates from in the range of 80 down to 50.. It never moved befor i had been running eneos and switched to mobil 1.. Im in the stages of buolding a block but i need to keep ole girl running and i dont want to throw a rod... Is there any chance i will damage the head
Old 09-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.
Default Re: low oil psi

Well if oil pressure drops your more likely for the engine to lock up than throw a rod. But the head does need oil to if the oil pressure is dropping and the head isn't getting enough oil yes it will fuck up the head.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:35 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Did you try a new pressure sending unit?
Is the oil pump going bad?
Did you troubleshoot at all?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Ive replaced sending unit have not replaced pump dont know how and shop tryin charge 600 is that fair price.. Or you think theres a how to that could help me do it myself
Old 09-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by 99gsrbholtz
Ive replaced sending unit have not replaced pump dont know how and shop tryin charge 600 is that fair price.. Or you think theres a how to that could help me do it myself
You have to pull the oil pan to get to the pump.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

Is there a write up on this ive looked on honda tech google ci
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

If you can't look at it and figure out how to do it you need to let someone else look at it.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Yea, get a Hanyes
Old 09-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

Im in the stages of buolding a block but i need to keep ole girl running and i dont want to throw a rod... Is there any chance i will damage the head
Wait... so you're in the process of building a block, but you don't know how to replace the oil pump? Isn't installing an oil pump part of building the block?

For a how to, as Humongous said, get a Haynes, or try on Honda-Tech.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Maybe i should have been a little more clear. Im geting a block built and i would like to save some money in the mean time so instead of forking out 600 to get an oil pump installed i was going to try it myself

Quick Reply: low oil psi