Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Low Idle!! 98 Integra!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DirtBaggRav has disabled reputation
Default Low Idle!! 98 Integra!!!

I just bought an Integra thinking it was going to be an easy fix but i cant seem to figure the problem..So when I start the car it rocks back and fourth but the guy said to play with the gas so the car can stay on..i did that but nothing on my cluster works, all i see is the battery light on. He did said something about the wires inside the hood on the right that connect to the headlights had to do something with it. So im thinking he either burn a fuse or a wire or i have to change the engine harness and get a new complete dash??? I have no clue someone please help!!!!!! (New to this and willing to learn)
Old 03-15-2013, 05:41 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: Low Idle!! 98 Integra!!!

id start with the IACV and work from there. i cant think of any wiring that would cause a low idle, especially the wiring within the headlight harness. the only things in that harness are headlights, corner lights, horn, abs, and iirc ac.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

da4door has disabled reputation

Kinda sounds like a bad alternator to me I know my eg coupe had the same problem when i got it but i put a new alternator and battery in it and ran perfect after that
Old 03-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned

nlc2962 nlc2962 nlc2962 nlc2962 nlc2962 nlc2962 nlc2962

Could be a list of things, i'd first start out with checking your fuses with the dash issue, its a all of 15 minute tops fix if you pull all fuses, check them then replace them then, check compression, check vac. hoses for cracks or being disconnected, and check timing. Dizzy could be bad. Theres sooooo many things that could cause weird idle. Also for the dash issue check all wires in dash (I.e. behind radio, steering column etc..) and in the bay for exposed wire, if you find some tape them up with electrical tape, and then check your fuses.

I bottomed out and bent my cat causing my o2 sensors hot wire ti rub which in turn shorted my entire car out which also fried my dizzy which caused 600 other issues.

Last edited by nlc2962; 03-16-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:19 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Get a multimeter and check your alternator' output.