Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

looking to upgrade my ecu

Old 04-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boosie1 has disabled reputation
Default looking to upgrade my ecu

I have a 96 integra and im looking to upgrade my ecu with hondata or something if you recommend a certain brand or have any suggestion's let me know.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK
Default Re: looking to upgrade my ecu

Originally Posted by boosie1
I have a 96 integra and im looking to upgrade my ecu with hondata or something if you recommend a certain brand or have any suggestion's let me know.
Nice sig. Ironic.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

radiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond repute

if you have a simple engine setup id say hondata S100 , cheap , effective and almost any tuner familiar with hondas can tune it .
Old 04-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

I recommend neptune. You can check it out at www.hrtuning.com
Old 04-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by radiaki11
if you have a simple engine setup id say hondata S100 , cheap , effective and almost any tuner familiar with hondas can tune it .
motors stock just intake exhuast and clutch
Old 04-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
I recommend neptune. You can check it out at www.hrtuning.com
thanks alot will check it out
Old 04-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

radiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond repute

thing is with neptune not everyone tunes it , of coarse everyone will have there own likes but as far as availability of being able to find a tuner who knows how to use it properly hondata is the one. i have never been to a single dyno who tunes sport compacts that dont tune hondata.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:55 PM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Think about it this way.

If your tuning software/hardware fails and your engine has a major mechanical failure due to defective equipment who will offer support?

With all of these cheap or FREE tuning options out there who can even come close to Hondata's service, research and development, and technical support?

Not one.

With that said, if you have a stock car or just bolt-on's I'd go with the S100 setup. If you have a bit more done and are in need of data logging and the like then the S300 is the way to go.

Personally, the S300 is the best option for any serious "tuner". Being able to data log, run emulators, the access to expansive options and support, tuning yourself, and then the plain fact you're rocking top-shelf Hondata should be all the reason to shoot for the S300.

/wherd.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Enigma
Think about it this way.

If your tuning software/hardware fails and your engine has a major mechanical failure due to defective equipment who will offer support?

With all of these cheap or FREE tuning options out there who can even come close to Hondata's service, research and development, and technical support?

Not one.

With that said, if you have a stock car or just bolt-on's I'd go with the S100 setup. If you have a bit more done and are in need of data logging and the like then the S300 is the way to go.

Personally, the S300 is the best option for any serious "tuner". Being able to data log, run emulators, the access to expansive options and support, tuning yourself, and then the plain fact you're rocking top-shelf Hondata should be all the reason to shoot for the S300.

/wherd.
Your ECU doesn't run the Hondata software, or any tuning software. That software just modifies the maps and parameters in the program that the ECU runs from. Any tuning software worth a shit can tune an engine just as well as any other, and the only differences between them are the bells and whistles that the software might add (launch control, etc.) or how user-friendly the software is to the tuner. It's like making a picture in Photoshop and then loading it onto one of those LCD picture frames. The picture frame doesn't run Windows, or Photoshop, it's just displaying a picture you made (or edited) using that software. It's the same with the ECU, and I'm not sure if everyone gets that.

Tech support is a good thing to have though, but not needed in most cases.

The S100 Hondata system is just a copyright key. Hondata has added a few lines of code so that the ECU looks for the S100 board when the ECU starts up. If it isn't there, it throws a CEL and won't function fully. It's their way of making sure that they get paid for making software and to prevent piracy. Very smart.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-01-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Quick Reply: looking to upgrade my ecu