Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Looking for new race car honda???

Old 03-01-2003, 07:02 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec
Default Looking for new race car honda???

Hey guy just would like you oppinion on a new car to get to AutoX. I am driveing a 02 Nissan SpecV, that I love but their are no choices for mods and when they do come out they are super expencive. So I'm thinking HatchBack!!!!

My Dad races a 88 CRX Si that will be under going a complete CSP overhaul this summer but I want my own car.

I was thinking 93-95 Civic hatch they are cheap and parts are all over the place. Or I was thinking 96-up Hatch if there is such a thing. I think they have the DOHC engines, but I'm not sure.

If any one has input please post... I would like to say that I want to build that car up for the SCCA STS class all bolt-on no internals includeing cam gears. Also I want the car to be on the understated side, NO RICE!!!!!! NO APC!!!!!!!

Thanx for any post in advance
Michael
Old 03-01-2003, 07:10 AM

T-Hybrid is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 1990 Civic Hatch Si ......Selling for 2200
will take 2000$
Old 03-01-2003, 07:15 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

No thanx I like the more rounded body style on the later years. But two years in a row a 89 civic si has won the SCCA Solo2 Nationals. I thought about earlyer years because of that but I'm not sure thats why I posted. To get the good and the bad on the 93-95 HBs.

I would like to know if anyone who posts hear may know of a site that gives the specs onthe different year civics like engines and weight per model per year.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:27 AM
why5oh

jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s

the 96+ hatches don't come stock with dohc motors. in fact there are no usdm honda hatchbacks (other than the 02-03 civic si) that come with dohc motors. you'd have to do a swap. what are the rules in autox about motor swaps?
website wise, you could browse around on http://www.honda-tech.com and do a search on civic specs for every year, etc. hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:29 AM

go to JDMhondaparts.com best web site....
Old 03-01-2003, 08:19 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

there is a guy with an eg for sale for 1000. its an automatic and has some dent, but would be a great platform to start building a race car on.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:15 AM

if you really want 1 this would be it.......
my loss is your gain im moving soon and i cant take my baby with me..shes a 92 honda civic hatch back black with carbon fiber hood (oem style) with the nice ls rims on new 205 50 15 and skunk2 coilovers thats about it for the out side the inside has a autometer duel pod gauge piller with a autometer sport comp air fuel gauge planed to go turbo but didnt so the space for the boost gauge is still there , a auto sport comp monster tach a black corobeau racing seat a g-tech meter white face gauges in dash interior in flawless condition and power sunroof and 4 wheel disk brakes a big plus the body of the car has 120000 miles on it but still looks pretty...under the hood is a 1998 integra ls motor with 42*** runs great exady stage 3 racing clutch and pressure plate lightened flywheel and an intake if that means anything there is no ac unit or any of it workings for purposes of weight and the install of the turbo leaving you with enough room to shove three mexican school boys between the manifold and the radiator support....shes my baby and runs mid 14's how she sits with the turbo......i can only dream of what she'll do. the only thing that she needs is any hydo tranny casing b16 ls gsr or type r whatever 94 or newer will fit im sure you can find someone with a blown tranny or find someone parting one out or i have a friend at the acura dealership who will give you a new one with a warrenty for 300 shipped so good luck and if you get treat her good for me ...ps please go jdm dont rice out my baby........call XXXXXXX ask for sean. bidding starts at $3500 ....i love her

Old 03-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

sorry man I'm not drag racing!! Your car with that kind of a swap would not be competative over all and would run is what is called SM or street Modified. The way the overall times are figured out at an AutoX event is , you take your natural time (what it took you to run the course in seconds) times a PAX number. This pax number is basically how the car classes are seporated. Like your car stock T-hybrid would be in GS or G stock with a PAX multipul of like .778 I think, but now with your engine swap your PAX for SM or street mod is like .835 or close to?.. The idea of the PAX number is to put all cars on a close to even playing field. So its up to the driver to be faster at the end of the day.
So heres the math on a 45sec run
gs 45x.778=35.01
sm 45x.835=37.57 motor will not make up 2.5 sec

So my idea is to build up a car for STS all bolt ons .789pax time
sts 45x.789=35.505 not much to make up in a few mods
Old 03-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

OK I just drove my dads 88 CRX si up to the store for him. I havent driven this car in like 6 months. Someone please tell me that there is an EZ (bolt-on)way to get more torque ot of the 1.5 SOHC honda. I was at 4500 in first and droped it to the floor. And then ............nothing. I'm haveing second thoughts about getting rid of my SpecV. If I did that in my car I'd spin the tires. Oh well there have got to be a few things you can do to honda to give it a little more ass.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:36 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

88 si has a 1.6 and im not sure what class youd be in but if you want more torque bolt on a d16y8 sohc vtec head. the untrained eye wouldnt know shit about rather it was stock or not.

Quick Reply: Looking for new race car honda???