Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Locked up S2k motor

Old 05-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
h22madnes has disabled reputation
Default Locked up S2k motor

my motor has locked up after only 90 miles of driving car was also supercharged and could not understand why oil was coming out of my bov filter crank may also be bent as hell
Old 05-12-2007, 08:18 PM
hype-r

Boost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Locked up S2k motor

Oil was coming out of your blow off valve?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

yes out the bov filter and I honestly dont think the supercharger or bov was faulty
Old 05-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Samuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these parts

Wow what did you do??

Bent crank?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:00 PM
hype-r

Boost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond reputeBoost609 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h22madnes
yes out the bov filter and I honestly dont think the supercharger or bov was faulty
It wasn't the parts, it's whoever you let work on it that's faulty. Wouldn't you think with oil coming out of your bov, somethings wrong? You just kept driving huh?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Registered Member

Samuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Boost609
It wasn't the parts, it's whoever you let work on it that's faulty. Wouldn't you think with oil coming out of your bov, somethings wrong? You just kept driving huh?
How is that the builder do you know what normally causes a bent crank although its very rare??

I saw the clutch that came outta that car today if that was 90 miles i'd get a refund or a easier to manage clutch..

I just feel bad for you bro thats a tough break on a expensive build..

Hopefully you get back up and running soon, good luck..
Old 05-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

it's a good thing f20c's are cheap.

oh wait - .. - they're not.

gl hf
Old 05-13-2007, 05:01 AM
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by h22madnes
my motor has locked up after only 90 miles of driving car was also supercharged and could not understand why oil was coming out of my bov filter crank may also be bent as hell
did it seize up while it was running???????Was the motor completely rebuilt(bearings, pistons and rings)???
Old 05-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

no it wasnt driven after the problem was noticed, yes the clutch was destroyed it was by exedy and I would agree that the clutch may not be able to support the torque the S was putting out all of that aside the clutch has nothing to do with locking up the engine I think the build was piss poor and yes for the money spent I deserve to pissed because there are still no answers to how this happeded or at least Im not being told, the engine locked up at the shop
Old 05-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

the engine had a full build on it pistons, rods stroker crank, head work and supercharger my S2 community says they have never heard of the oil coming back through the bov and neither have I so I really wouldnt know where to start and vortechs are not known for blowing seals at 90 miles screw the clutch just have to try a different combination

Quick Reply: Locked up S2k motor