Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

location of thrust washers (zc)

Old 07-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dook89crx has disabled reputation
Default location of thrust washers (zc)

i cant remember where the thrust washers went and cant find anything on where they go its a sohc obd0 nonvtec zc. idk if that matters. any help is appreciated.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness
Default Re: location of thrust washers (zc)

Originally Posted by dook89crx
i cant remember where the thrust washers went and cant find anything on where they go its a sohc obd0 nonvtec zc. idk if that matters. any help is appreciated.
for good measure.... Are you the one who has been tasked with putting this motor back together?? You need to turn the block over on a stand, pan side up, and look along where the you set the crank down in the block, on the journals. There is one journal with machined spots for the thrust washers....
Old 07-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered Member

yerrp just my self. unfortunately. everyone kept bullshittin me. an i aint an expert. an yeah i see one spot. theres two thrust washers so both of them would go there?

Last edited by dook89crx; 07-25-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

yerrp just my self. unfortunately. everyone kept bullshittin me. an i aint an expert. an yeah i see one spot. theres two thrust washers so both of them would go there?
Look on the opposite side of the same journal. Should be another spot for one.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

nope doesnt fit
Old 07-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Go cry to momma

nope doesnt fit
Maybe that particular block is different than other Honda blocks.... if your kit came with 2, I would look down through there and you should be able to find where it goes. Those washers keep the crank from moving in the opposite direction of it's forced rotation, if you didn't know what they actually did-hence why you should need 2 within a close proximity... hope this helps. Gotta get to work...
Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

lol yeah i know what they do. and the ones on there were perfect so i didnt get a kit. i just cant remember where the other one went. thanks for the help anyway!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:58 AM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

They usually go in the block #4 main cap, one goes on each side of that main bearing(the one before the last main cap;rear main side). The bearing has a flat side and grooved side, the flat side goes against the block and grooved towards the crank. Use assembly lube to hold the washer to the block if you put the crank in last, or slide them in their spot in the block with the crank in there.

P.S. If you are asking how to put a motor together, OBVIOUSLY YOU SHOULD NOT BE THE ONE DOING THE WORK, not a smart decision guy.

Last edited by crasy87rexsi; 07-25-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

lol i wasnt asking. but yeah im a bit of a noob about it. im not a complete dumbass though. and everybody i know who does shit like this kept blowin me off. so i decided to do it myself. but like i said.... noob
i thought it didnt fit on the other side. but i thought about it...and just moved the crank over... and vwala. the bitch fit. ima dumbass
Old 07-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Go cry to momma

lol i wasnt asking. but yeah im a bit of a noob about it. im not a complete dumbass though. and everybody i know who does shit like this kept blowin me off. so i decided to do it myself. but like i said.... noob
i thought it didnt fit on the other side. but i thought about it...and just moved the crank over... and vwala. the bitch fit. ima dumbass
Life's a highway bro... don't forget torque specs... glad you found out where they go. Good luck with the rest of your build up. /thread.

Quick Reply: location of thrust washers (zc)