Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

a little help...

Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
wut the?!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE
Default a little help...

what's up everyone, i just had a random problem for my 99 gsr. every time i hit a bump or something, my car seems to lose power and the radio turns off for a brief moment. i have no idea what's going on. any help would be appreciated. again, thanks.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:08 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: a little help...

How old is your battery?

Check the connections to the battery terminals, clean them as needed. Check the ground as well.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:13 AM
wut the?!?

DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE DaRk_pRiNcE

i don't really know how old the battery is because i just got the car like a couple of weeks ago. but i did check the connections and it was on there pretty good, as for the ground, it was kind of loose. I'll redo all the wiring and see if that's it.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:44 AM
wut the?!?

anyone else know what might be wrong? any help would be appreciated. also, the headlights go out for a moment too. like a flicker or something. checked the battery and the grounds, they're all connected and tight.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:51 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Take off the ground connection. Sand all around it to make a good connection to bare metal. Re-attach.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:57 PM
wut the?!?

alright, i'll give that a try. appreciate it man.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Yup, battery corrosion and rust around ground areas can cause cars to do that when bumped.