Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

limited slip question

Old 12-29-2003, 05:32 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts
Default limited slip question

Anyone ave any opinions on a limited slip transmission working and improving times. I have a crx with a b16 non limited slip tranny. I am getting ready to install a procharger supercharger kit in it.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:43 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

it will pretty much eliminate torque steer, but on a few cars i have seen run with them i have seen no real improvements in time slips compared to the stock ones and the drivers said the same thing,the car handles alot better and you can run stronger driveshafts. with a quaife lsd and you wont have to worry about snapping diffs's(im on my 3rd stock one) and you can run some race axles so you can hope that those dont break either........
Old 12-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Corrado Butcher

G60ING is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my quaife. I have not taken the car back to the track since installing the quaife but it really helps with tq steer. Also while going around corners that have dust/dirt in them while getting on it causes little to no traction loss. In the rain the car is now driveable. I really like how it has helped the drivability of my Corrado. And I know when I head back to the track I will not spit spider gears all over the track. Maybe an axle or motor mount bracket but certainly not another diff
Old 12-29-2003, 05:58 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

A LSD will improve 60' time with a good driver.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

my quaife lets me run stock 240sx axles to the tune of 1.49 60fts.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:36 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts

thanks. all the crxs' i've seen with just a gsr motor in them spin out in a launch from 1-3rd gear. I am certaintly adding more power than that but i want better 1/4 mile times and to not die with torque steer.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:46 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by Greaser
my quaife lets me run stock 240sx axles to the tune of 1.49 60fts.
that's also with the help of how much hp/tq?? =]
Old 12-29-2003, 06:59 PM
AKA DEATH TRAP

280hp to the crank in a crx si
Old 12-29-2003, 09:11 PM
emmett18

94b18c1 has disabled reputation

Originally posted by sikkcrx
280hp to the crank in a crx si
hehehe
Old 12-30-2003, 03:16 AM
AKA DEATH TRAP

what Emmit? ok 320 to the crank. shaun will get dusted!!maybe you too.

Quick Reply: limited slip question