Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Lightened Flywheel for turbo yes or no?

Old 09-14-2003, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a92civicxjdmb16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lightened Flywheel for turbo yes or no?

well im gonna go turbo and i know i upgrading my clutch but what about the flywheel should i buy a lightened one? I was told back and forth yes and no, but one hit me he said that a turbo make boost under load, so if i get a lightened flywheel itll accelerate better and not have as much load wont that mean something bad for boost? well im getting frustrated let me know from the people who have reallly already experience this on what is better to do.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:36 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

get it.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:34 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

trying to move the car will be load enough to spool the turbo..

you might not be able to rev and make boost off the line.. but you should plenty make up for a touchy launch for top end...
Old 09-14-2003, 09:40 AM
Fuk Hondas

BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI BooztedSI

i have a lightened f/w on mine....im going back to a heavier one, motor looses alot of momentum during shifts, therefore you losing boost
Old 09-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

I would go with it, you'll need to work on your launches, but the combination of the lightweight and boost should make for some quick pulls, as well as more responsive downshifts. Also, if you have the right setup, you'll find that you should be able to maintain compressor RPM so as you can achieve boost very quickly after shifts.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:58 AM

a92civicxjdmb16 is an unknown quantity at this point

got damn u people cant u just all agree on something, YOUR NOT HELPING?
Old 09-14-2003, 10:00 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by BooztedSI
i have a lightened f/w on mine....im going back to a heavier one, motor looses alot of momentum during shifts, therefore you losing boost
i like apples, monkeys dont ride motorcycles.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:01 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

if u speedshift u wont lose boost... so ya get the lightweight fw
Old 09-14-2003, 11:11 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BooztedSI

yeah but u are supercharged too though little different on trubo...
Old 09-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Dont get it. Lightened flywheels are better suited on N/A setups being that the weight that puts load on the motor and inturn produces boost is gone (well...some of it, you know what i mean).

I on the other hand like Oranges..and bears DO ride motorcycles....booya.

Quick Reply: Lightened Flywheel for turbo yes or no?