Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

key replace ment? help?

Old 05-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ouji can only hope to improve
Default key replace ment? help?

yea my key broke the day before yesterday, and i try going to the dealership and they where not able to find some sort of information about the key, well techniacally they said sorry cant make a copy of it, so im thinking of going to a locksmith, but im not sure if they will fix it, i only have one key and it broke, and there is no tag number for the key. aka the little aluminim piece that has the serial number or some shit. anyways whats your out put? do you think its possible for the locksmith to weld it back together and make a dupilcate? thanks for listening..

-e
Old 05-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito
Default Re: key replace ment? help?

i mean if you have the paperwork saying the car is yours (Registration,etc) then i assume a locksmight could do that.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

exactly, it will just be important that you show proof of ownership.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:13 AM
Boost is Better

sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx

well sometimes the dealerships are lazy and dont want to do their jobs but the best way to replace your key is to take them your registration and they CAN look up the key code in the computer.

that way you get a brand new cut not just a copy of your worn key.

THEY CAN DO IT they have tried to be lazy on me and say they couldnt but i asked for a manager and they were like "oh im sorry i just found it" and then cut my key.

it only cost me five bucks for the cut and five for the key

total of $10

lock smith $50 an hour

you do what you want
Old 05-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

WHat kind of car? If it's a VW or a Mercedes, I can understand the problem, but judging by your ability to type, you're not driving either one.

I'm putting my money on a Honda, but if it's any of the common Japanese cars, the dealership WILL do it with proof of ownership. It cost me less than $20 to get a key cut for the Supra in 2003.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

i have the title but its not in my name yet, key broke in half, i tried going to the dealership, they where being lazy or w/e, the car is a nissan not honda! dont assume. im just too lazy to goto a locksmith right now. im not trying to be a dick but "merf" thats some rasict comment man, saying im stupid, and i cant drive nice cars? man fuck you! dont care if ur admin. but thats just shady yo! dont care if i get banned.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Registered Member

and thanks to everyone that responded, i really appreciate it.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

In the Works has disabled reputation

LOL Merf really didn't make a racist comment...It would be more of a stereotype. And Merf's not and Admin he is a patron. Perhaps go register your car then go back to the dealership with the proper paperwork
Old 05-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by ouji
i have the title but its not in my name yet, key broke in half, i tried going to the dealership, they where being lazy or w/e, the car is a nissan not honda! dont assume. im just too lazy to goto a locksmith right now. im not trying to be a dick but "merf" thats some rasict comment man, saying im stupid, and i cant drive nice cars? man fuck you! dont care if ur admin. but thats just shady yo! dont care if i get banned.
Hahaha! What the fuck kind of idiot are you? I'm racist, but I have no idea what race you are. I'm that fucking good, people.

No, I simply stereotyped your obvious disregard for the English language with the fact you drive an econobox...and lo and behold, I'm betting you just bought your 240SX for the upcoming F&F3 Dorifto movie release!!11!

You don't "partially" own a title, you either have it signed over to you or you don't. Sounds to me that either your car is stolen, or you're too dumb to be allowed to drive.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:00 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by MerF
Hahaha! What the fuck kind of idiot are you? I'm racist, but I have no idea what race you are. I'm that fucking good, people.

No, I simply stereotyped your obvious disregard for the English language with the fact you drive an econobox...and lo and behold, I'm betting you just bought your 240SX for the upcoming F&F3 Dorifto movie release!!11!

You don't "partially" own a title, you either have it signed over to you or you don't. Sounds to me that either your car is stolen, or you're too dumb to be allowed to drive.
hahaahahaaa... i think im gonna puke up my lunch i laughed so hard!

i have never had a problem getting a key for my cars? and i have a jag and a benz

Quick Reply: key replace ment? help?