Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ka24de-t

Old 09-24-2006, 11:12 AM
its me bitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
757hustler has disabled reputation
Default ka24de-t

so i have decided to turbo my ka. i want t o build the motor but i dont know what to change in the internals. like i kid of a have a general idea but any suggestions would help.
thanks
Sam
Old 09-24-2006, 11:16 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: ka24de-t

what size turbo are you going with and what HP goals are you shooting for?
Old 09-24-2006, 12:13 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

I have a completely stock bottom end and have had my car for over a year now driving it on a daily basis and have had only minor issues. The compression is perfect. Now my engine has 67,000 original miles on it and I am only running 6psi on a T3/T4 50 trim turbo, but it still gets the job done. If you are aiming for around 300whp you can just replace the pistons, and put ARP headstuds on it. In addition to all of that it would be HIGHLY reccomended to replace the Main and Rod bearings, as well as add some ARP Rod bolts. You'll need to get the block machined to fit the pistons to fit - assuming you get .020 over pistons which is reccomended because it gives them a fresh area to go over on the block after to machine it. You'll also need to get the rods machined to fit the oversized ARP rod bolts. Might as well replace all of the gaksets and deals in the bottom end at this point as well. All in all without any machine work or labor factored in it would cost around 8-900 dollars for all of that stuff, add in machine work and labor and you're looking at around 12-1500 dollars. But you'll have a baller as KA and can boost 10-14psi on the set up I have no problems and probably make somewhere around 290-315whp (since it is a 2.4L probably the same amount of TQ if not more)...that information is based off of people with similar set ups.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:21 PM
its me bitches

im trying to put a t3/t3 .57 trim and shoot for around 300 hp. any suggestions on who to go to for pistons. and also injectors
Old 09-24-2006, 02:12 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
I have a completely stock bottom end and have had my car for over a year now driving it on a daily basis and have had only minor issues. The compression is perfect. Now my engine has 67,000 original miles on it and I am only running 6psi on a T3/T4 50 trim turbo, but it still gets the job done. If you are aiming for around 300whp you can just replace the pistons, and put ARP headstuds on it. In addition to all of that it would be HIGHLY reccomended to replace the Main and Rod bearings, as well as add some ARP Rod bolts. You'll need to get the block machined to fit the pistons to fit - assuming you get .020 over pistons which is reccomended because it gives them a fresh area to go over on the block after to machine it. You'll also need to get the rods machined to fit the oversized ARP rod bolts. Might as well replace all of the gaksets and deals in the bottom end at this point as well. All in all without any machine work or labor factored in it would cost around 8-900 dollars for all of that stuff, add in machine work and labor and you're looking at around 12-1500 dollars. But you'll have a baller as KA and can boost 10-14psi on the set up I have no problems and probably make somewhere around 290-315whp (since it is a 2.4L probably the same amount of TQ if not more)...that information is based off of people with similar set ups.
good shit
also.....I saw you today.....you put your window down and waved and i honked my horn

i like the car in white! is there something wrong with the left side of the front bumper? it could've just been me trying to drive,look and honk at the same time....LoL
Old 09-24-2006, 03:42 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by 757hustler
im trying to put a t3/t3 .57 trim and shoot for around 300 hp. any suggestions on who to go to for pistons. and also injectors
I would check out AMSs web page, they make custom rods for KAs now, even do crate motors. They have awesome prices on CP pistons - I think either CP or Areis. I don't think it really matters what kind of pistons you get so long as they are reputible and not from some company without any experience. You can sometimes find good deals on SuperTech pistons on ebay, SuperTechs are really nice too. I'd reccomend 9:1 or as close to that as possible compression wise.

300whp w/ a T3/T4 57 trim should be easy on about 10-12psi. Just get some pistons and head studs and you should be fine - if you go too close or over 350 you start risking your rods, they are forged, but really arn't made for 350-400whp. You should be more than fine at 300 though.

CarShowz - I like seeing people on the street, haha. My left side bumper is missing the corner light and the fender doesn't line up 100% correctly, I can't get it right w/o the corner light, so if you know anyone who has a spare drivers side light let me know!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:13 PM
its me bitches

thanks for the help
Old 09-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

just got sr20, they will hold 400 hp stock internals!

As long as you have good engine management!
Old 09-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Never Blend In

nuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond repute

757hustler, talk to ballinnmiami240. he's got a nice KA-t setup and he's out in Gloucester, so pretty close to Hampton.