Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ka24de no spark

Old 10-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billy Meravy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ka24de no spark

i got a ka24de and it has no spark i have changed the dizzy and the coil so dont kno wat next
Old 10-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ka24de no spark

Originally Posted by Billy Meravy
i got a ka24de and it has no spark i have changed the dizzy and the coil so dont kno wat next
Okay. Pull the coil wire from the Dizzy. Put the tip of a screwdriver near it. Crank the car over. Does it have fire there?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:33 PM
kseriesdc2

kseriesdc2 has disabled reputation

crank sensor gone bad garantied, it's on bell housing on top of trans on drivers side near fire wall.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

tryed it and still nothing
Old 10-04-2007, 05:36 PM
kseriesdc2

kseriesdc2 has disabled reputation

did you try on a scanner during data stream test on initial start, or replace it?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kseriesdc2
did you try on a scanner during data stream test on initial start, or replace it?
o i havent done the crank angle sensor thing i just tryed testing the coil
Old 10-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billy Meravy
tryed it and still nothing
Okay. It has an input signal to the coil. Check to see if it's getting the proper signal there. (The 3 or 4 wire connector going into the coil, that tells it when to fire? BTW, I have no idea what this system looks like, but it's basic ignition. We've eliminated everything past the coil for now, as it's not getting fire that far down the line. So, we back up, and find the problem, rather than throw parts at it!)
Old 10-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=HondaRules!;3437539]Okay. It has an input signal to the coil. Check to see if it's getting the proper signal there. (The 3 or 4 wire connector going into the coil, that tells it when to fire? BTW, I have no idea what this system looks like, but it's basic ignition. We've eliminated everything past the coil for now, as it's not getting fire that far down the line. So, we back up, and find the problem, rather than throw parts at it!)[aight il try that tommorow
Old 10-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Slowest HRC Member

[QUOTE=Billy Meravy;3437557]
Originally Posted by HondaRules!
Okay. It has an input signal to the coil. Check to see if it's getting the proper signal there. (The 3 or 4 wire connector going into the coil, that tells it when to fire? BTW, I have no idea what this system looks like, but it's basic ignition. We've eliminated everything past the coil for now, as it's not getting fire that far down the line. So, we back up, and find the problem, rather than throw parts at it!)[aight il try that tommorow
That's cool.

From that point, assuming it has the correct input(s), the coil is no good (new or not.)

Assuming it's not giving a fire signal, look in the service manual, see what it has to have to send fire to the coil.

If for instance, no crank signal prevents the ECU from firing it, that's a possibility. You'd check to see it was sending the correct output. Etc.

Basic troubleshooting.