Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

KA24DE issue

Old 11-05-2009, 03:48 AM
Blang Blang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com
Default KA24DE issue

so im having an annoying little issue with my engine and i was hoping someone has seen this before and knows what it is before i replace what i think is the issue.

the engine is a s13 ka24de in a 95 s14 240sx

ill just describe my drive to work today and that is basically what it is doing

- start car in the morning (idling fine)

- let run for about 2 min. before i start driving to work (still cold)

- drives fine through and out of my neighborhood onto the main road

- i stop for traffic and upon putting the car in nuetral while coming to a stop the idle drops almost all the way to the point of the car cutting off but comes back up right as the dash lights are coming on to about 500 rpms and then proceeds to bounce from 500 to 800 rpm for about 5 seconds and then gradually levels out and idles normal at 800.

- continue to drive and car runs normal, have to stop again for traffic, as im slowing down, this time i just push the clutch in while still going about 15mph and the car cuts off, i let it out before stopping and car kicks back on, when i stop the idle drops again and stays around 500 until i move again. car is to normal operating temp. now

- i get to the next stoplight, come to a stop, the car dies. have to restart to continue driving (starts right up no problem)

- the last three times i have to come to a stop the car doesnt die, the idle doesnt drop, the cars runs totally normal.

- i get to work, pull into my parking spot, and car stops and idles normally.

i was thinking it may either be EGR valve or IAC valve that may starting to go bad but i wanted to get opinions on something else it may be before i bought/replaced them both.

thanks in advance
Old 11-05-2009, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Drifter4 Drifter4 Drifter4 Drifter4 Drifter4 Drifter4 Drifter4 Drifter4 Drifter4 Drifter4 Drifter4
Default Re: KA24DE issue

I had problems like that before, and it was the IACV...i pulled the lines off and sprayed cleaner in there and the problem went away. I forget what cleaner i used but if i can find whats left of it in the garage ill text you or something. By the way this is Albert
Old 11-05-2009, 06:00 AM
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about

My bet would be on IACV. Almost sounds like it's sticking.

I've also seen dying alternators do similar things, probably unlikely, but it's something to consider.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Registered member

AznXstazy has disabled reputation

it's the IVAC
Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

JRDA3 has disabled reputation

My car does same, I replaced the iacv but still same, could I had done something wrong wile doing changing it? I cleaned it with break clinner carb cleaner! Txt me 7573445499 if anything. Thanks!