Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

KA to KAT question

Old 02-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KA to KAT question

OK I'm scooping a 93 240 in the next 2 weeks.. As well I have a garret gt40r on hand. Of course I'm looking to set the car up for drifting and looking for numbers sitting around 300 to 350. But I have concerns about what the block can and will handle. As well how obtainable those numbers are considering we have those silly emission things up here.
~skottie b...
Old 02-26-2006, 06:46 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: KA to KAT question

If you want to drift, get rid of that GT40R and put a smaller, quicker spooling turbo on there. Get an underdrive pulley for your water pump, cams/valve springs/retainers that will allow you do maintain high revs for a while and then a couple of extra engines. Other than that, I'd worry about suspension and drivetrain mods more than a KA-T setup.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blaxican25
If you want to drift, get rid of that GT40R and put a smaller, quicker spooling turbo on there. Get an underdrive pulley for your water pump, cams/valve springs/retainers that will allow you do maintain high revs for a while and then a couple of extra engines. Other than that, I'd worry about suspension and drivetrain mods more than a KA-T setup.
Correction I made a mistake its a GT25R and has never been used. Which is why I'm wanting to use it. I dont think spooling is an issue there. Tho I made be wrong. dunno?

I also understand that I'm looking to spend alot of cash and time on the suspention alone.

~skottie b...
Old 02-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

Chubbs is an unknown quantity at this point

you can get a good drift setup from tein for around a grand, which is fairly reasonable.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chubbs
you can get a good drift setup from tein for around a grand, which is fairly reasonable.
Yeah I was expecting to pay around that since I don't have the hook ups like I had. But that still is gonna leave me needing poly bushings, camber kit and strut braces and all... I figure before I throw it out on the road I might as well take the time and get what I want done to it. For I still pretty sure my Insurance is gonna be steep from my last ticket. But you all will know when ya see me out.

~skottie b...
"flat black, steelie member #0001"
Old 02-27-2006, 04:28 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by DWLSRx8
Yeah I was expecting to pay around that since I don't have the hook ups like I had. But that still is gonna leave me needing poly bushings, camber kit and strut braces and all... I figure before I throw it out on the road I might as well take the time and get what I want done to it. For I still pretty sure my Insurance is gonna be steep from my last ticket. But you all will know when ya see me out.

~skottie b...
"flat black, steelie member #0001"
get yourself a decent coilover setup and drive it that way. Dont go splurging on parts first. coilovers, lsd, then whatever else you need as your skill progresses.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:47 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Originally Posted by DWLSRx8
Correction I made a mistake its a GT25R and has never been used. Which is why I'm wanting to use it. I dont think spooling is an issue there. Tho I made be wrong. dunno?

I also understand that I'm looking to spend alot of cash and time on the suspention alone.

~skottie b...
HE prob meant the the GT25/40R which is a really good turbo..... quick spooling turbo with great top end.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Chubbs

dont have to get the Tein's, the D2's are just as good and ur only paying half the cost.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

<-----

Fuck KA-T
Old 02-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

WarriorBlaZe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WYT R1CE
<-----

Fuck KA-T
What's the reasoning behind this?