Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

k24 questions

Old 02-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brandon.beene can only hope to improve
Default k24 questions

ok,
Ijust picked up a k24a4 with the intent of putting a k20a head on it and supercharger. I'm new to the k series scene however I've done a small amount of research and came up with the k20a head won't fit on a k24 block without clearance issues.

My question is, if my intentions are putting in a good piston/rod combo (je/eagle or cp/eagle rods) will I run into the clearance issues, I've read the tsx won't have the issue where as the accord will... But if I'm taking the factory rods and pistons out, that "should" fix the problem. I just wanna make sure I'm right before I fuck something up.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Last edited by brandon.beene; 02-19-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:50 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: k24 questions

Oh super...you're back.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

efcivic92 has disabled reputation

my friend just put a k20 head on a k24 block and it fit just right. Nothing was modified
Old 02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Lord H,yes I'm back

Originally Posted by efcivic92
my friend just put a k20 head on a k24 block and it fit just right. Nothing was modified
was it a a2 block?
Old 02-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

b18b has disabled reputation

The issue is due the the k24a4 piston's valve reliefs. They will not accommodated the larger k20a/a2/z3/k24a2 valves. If you change out the pistons than you are in the clear.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:48 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I went on k20a.org yesterday after school and read about every write up they had, I came across what you just told me. But I appreciate u telling me that.
Originally Posted by b18b
The issue is due the the k24a4 piston's valve reliefs. They will not accommodated the larger k20a/a2/z3/k24a2 valves. If you change out the pistons than you are in the clear.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Track Whore

Cmqqn85 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by brandon.beene
Thanks for the info, I went on k20a.org yesterday after school and read about every write up they had, I came across what you just told me. But I appreciate u telling me that.

the only site you'll ever need when building a K. Glw it. Im in the middle of one as well
Old 02-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

Yeah, it will be a good build. I still gotta get a tranny and a few other things before I put it in my civic. K20a.org is a pretty good site, also found hondoogle.com is pretty sweet
Old 02-20-2010, 07:14 AM
got some fake hp

wisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond reputewisepanda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cmqqn85
the only site you'll ever need when building a K. Glw it. Im in the middle of one as well
because u become a master engine builder off what u read on a website?? u guys that read shit on a form and go with it trip me out for all u know that guy put his motor together and it blew up 2 days after the dyno
Old 02-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by wisepanda
because u become a master engine builder off what u read on a website?? u guys that read shit on a form and go with it trip me out for all u know that guy put his motor together and it blew up 2 days after the dyno
Yes, because we copy cat every aspect of somebodys build... Um no.
Nobody is claiming to be a "master engine" builder just buy reading topics in car forums. But much like vadriven, k20a.org is a tool to gain knowledge,share ideas as to what works, and what dnt. U take the knowledge u gain and put it in your little tool bag of "smart skills" knowledge is power my friend.
If not to get smarter or to pass on your knowledge to others then why are you on vadriven? To talk shit like the rest of the high school fucks do?

Quick Reply: k24 questions