Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

K20Z3/Kpro swap in EK startup issues

Old 01-25-2009, 06:02 PM
make 7 UP yours

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond repute
Default K20Z3/Kpro swap in EK startup issues

Alright, I have the swap in the car and it starts. I am using the stock cal for the K20A2 since I am using the A2 harness and Hondata ECU. The problem is I am having a hell of a time with the idle. I have checked all the usual, IAC, MAP, ect and cannot get the damn thing to idle right. It has a high idle at start (about 1500) and when it warms up it begins to buck from 1500-2500. I am not fluent in the Kmanager and the use and functions and tried to go through the help videos but it is a joke, they are using an older version of the software to teach you to use the newer version. The settings and all seem to be cut and dry and should not be that big of a deal. I was just hoping for some new ideas that I have not tried yet. I really need to get it running so I can get down to the shop and get the exhaust put on it and then get the A/C hose fabbed up so that finally is ready to charge the system. The car has pretty much been down since Sept due to waiting on parts and other bull-shiZ, not to mention the things you learn about K20A2 and K20Z3 differences (do not ever go with the Z3, just stick with the A2, less mess and confusion) If anyone has done an EK swap and has any thoughts I would love to hear em, possibly meet up and have a look... Thanks for reading, heres a couple pics of the swap

K20Z3/Kpro swap in EK startup issues-052.jpg

K20Z3/Kpro swap in EK startup issues-010.jpg

Attachment 57632

SOLUTION: Needed to block off the IACV, solved the entire issue, currently running just over stock A2 tune but it works good, want to replace the exhaust and also play with the tune a little, currently looking for reasonable cash offers or awesome trades.... if you have any issues with your K swap and have any questions about the Z3 set up just hit me up on PM, thanks...

Last edited by dXXX96civic; 10-15-2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: attachments did not post
Old 01-25-2009, 06:46 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: K20Z3/Kpro swap in EK startup issues

send a Pm to gold eg
Old 01-25-2009, 07:25 PM
make 7 UP yours

dXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, I will
Old 01-25-2009, 07:31 PM
INNOVATIVE AUTO INC.

Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg Gold Eg

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
send a Pm to gold eg
thanks bro! i will give it a shot. give me a night and i will contact the owner
Old 01-29-2009, 05:31 PM
make 7 UP yours

Still looking for someone who might be able to help out with the issue, thanks.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 PM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

You do realize running on a2 setups will not run the z3 correctly? That is one of the biggest issues with the greddy kit. They have the base map from the a2 and you have to switch the settings to z and get a new tune. Not sure if its the same as this problem but you should take it to a shop.

Also why make a new thread when your last one was only like a couple weeksa go.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:19 PM
make 7 UP yours

I do realize that running it on an A2 setup it needs to be tuned. Thats why I am trying to find someone that can tune Kpro as this is my first ECU. Pretty much looking for someone who can get a good basemap on it so that i can get it in to get the a/c line fabbed up and exhaust on and then get it tuned in. I made a new thread because I tried to be a little more specific as to what the problem is. Seems like alot of people that respond on threads dont read the origanal post to see what the actual question is and it creates confusion.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:57 PM
make 7 UP yours

Alright, we are going to postpone messing with it until we can get the exhaust done, that way we can actually hear what the car is doing instead of trying to tune a dragster, so that is supposed to go down this weekend. With the issues of the transmission linkage between the A2 and Z2 being incompatable, I am going to fabricate a shifter mount that can be used with the factory 007 Si shifter, and try to keep it under the console with a factory look. I do have the Karcepts plate and revo technica shifter already installed with RSX cables but since I dont want to swap out the linkage on the transmission (already installed) due to having to do drill and relocate parts, I am going to just make an adapter mount for under the console out of aluminum and go from there. I will try to take pics of this one as we go so that if it works right, I can post up on K20.org and others can use it as well. I may end up getting a new IAC and installing and I switched the location of the MAP sensor but it did not improve anything. So for now, just working on fabbing up the aluminum pieces for welding and getting ready to strip out my console again. The people that were supposed to stop by for the Kpro tuning did not show up so I will probably finish the exhaust, put in a new IAC and take it to a shop for tuning from there. other than that, not much else to do until the new shifter and exhaust is installed.