Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Just wanted to make sure/ check

Old 07-26-2010, 04:24 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's
Default Just wanted to make sure/ check

So, i have a couple questions, and a couple things i just need to make sure of before it happens

I have a 93 b18a1 with a spun bearing, I already went and got the OEM bearing set. I was planning on just dropping the Oil Pan and doing it from underneath, just because i really dont' feel like paying for new axles when the ones i have aren't even a year old, that and i don't feel like taking all that shit apart.

My main question is, can i do this from underneath? I'm pretty sure i can, i don't see why i couldn't, so i figured i'd ask just to make sure.

Also, would i run into any problems if i try to replace other parts from underneath? pistons, rings, etc?

I'm aware that i MIGHT have to send out the Crank, but the knock is really not that bad at all, so i'm hoping i won't have to, if i do, no big deal though. If anyone wants to throw out some suggestions on where to take it if i do, that'd be helpfull as well

Thanks,

Cody
Old 07-26-2010, 04:27 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Just wanted to make sure/ check

Originally Posted by all4sr's
So, i have a couple questions, and a couple things i just need to make sure of before it happens

I have a 93 b18a1 with a spun bearing, I already went and got the OEM bearing set. I was planning on just dropping the Oil Pan and doing it from underneath, just because i really dont' feel like paying for new axles when the ones i have aren't even a year old, that and i don't feel like taking all that shit apart.

My main question is, can i do this from underneath? I'm pretty sure i can, i don't see why i couldn't, so i figured i'd ask just to make sure.

Also, would i run into any problems if i try to replace other parts from underneath? pistons, rings, etc?

I'm aware that i MIGHT have to send out the Crank, but the knock is really not that bad at all, so i'm hoping i won't have to, if i do, no big deal though. If anyone wants to throw out some suggestions on where to take it if i do, that'd be helpfull as well

Thanks,

Cody
for 1 you cant remove the crank with the tranny attached...the pistons come out the top..

and why would you need new axles?? they slide out the tranny,do the rebuild and slide them back in
Old 07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

Originally Posted by nftuatn
for 1 you cant remove the crank with the tranny attached...the pistons come out the top..

and why would you need new axles?? they slide out the tranny,do the rebuild and slide them back in
fuck, i didn't even think about the crank being attached.

and the main reason i was really not trying to take the axles out is for a couple reasons

1) i don't have a ball joint press
2) i only have limited tools here at my house, i already have a couple tools i'm borrowing
3) i don't have a garage, carport, or a temporary tent, so i'd be doing all this work in the direct sun and heat, and would be trying to get all of it done in a day.

I'm sure i could do it all in a day, but i just bought the car last month from a retarded kid who thinks he's a genius with cars(i know him well, he's an idiot). I got a retarded good deal on the car, but we all know that unless you did it/put it together, nothing ever goes completely right
Old 07-26-2010, 04:39 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

why do you need a ball joint press??

its a civic,remove the tire,remove the fork that the strut sits in...loosen upper or lower a-arm...smack with big hammer,not the threads but the lower control arm...the spindle will "pop" out and you can remove axles...

trying to do this in one day is pushing it...you need to drop the pan and look to see how bad the crank is,the rods need to be miced as well as the crank journals,it may need to be machined and use oversized bearings,rods could be eggshaped and will need to be line bored,

shit...there are so many thing that could be wrong in there..
Old 07-27-2010, 04:18 AM
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point

A ball joint press.....lmao.

GL doing all that shit underneath bc it's not fun.