Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

just a few dsm questions

Old 05-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowgsx95 has disabled reputation
just a few dsm questions

ok i am really new to dsm's and im not too sure (good or bad) what i got my self into.

i bought a 95 eclipse gsx it was all stock except an air intake.
i bought and installed a 3in turbo back exhaust, 20g turbo w/external wastegate, exhaust manifold, fmic, 720cc injectors,and an eprom ecu w/ launch controller.
i have a manual boost controller and i am buying boost and a/f ratio gauges and putting them in on friday/

do i need any other supporting mods to run 14-16 lbs as a daily?
how reliable is a 20g on the 4g63?
estimate on how much power is going to get to the wheels?

i havnt really driven it yet bc im getting new intercooler piping put on that will be done on friday.

any help is appreciated!!!

Last edited by slowgsx95; 05-07-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:57 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: just a few dsm questions

at that boost probably 300ish... I'm assuming the chip compensates for the 720 injectors?

You're wasting a lot running that 20G at only 16 PSI. You'd really benefit a lot by getting a better tuning system (i.e. DSMlink) and getting the car tuned for 20-25 PSI.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:27 AM
small town guy

broke_honda has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by slowgsx95
i bought and installed a 3in turbo back exhaust, 20g turbo w/external wastegate, exhaust manifold, fmic, 720cc injectors,and an eprom ecu w/ launch controller.
i have a manual boost
Run wastegate pressure untill you can get it tuned.

Even then, DO NOT boost unless you absolutly have to. I recomend you get in touch with Nick at DTM for tuning. He will be able to answer your questions, and suggest what directions to take during building your car.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:17 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by broke_honda
Even then, DO NOT boost unless you absolutly have tor.
Properly tuned car can boost all he wants... 4G63 is a strong motor, it's not a time bomb when modded like some other vehicle brands... Of course that depends on the tuner also. Maybe some tuners, you can't boost a lot before it blows?
Old 05-07-2009, 04:53 PM
small town guy

ok i am really new to dsm's and im not too sure (good or bad) what i got my self into.

i bought a 95 eclipse gsx it was all stock except an air intake.
i have a manual boost controller and i am buying boost and a/f ratio gauges and putting them in on friday/

do i need any other supporting mods to run 14-16 lbs as a daily?
how reliable is a 20g on the 4g63?
Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
Properly tuned car can boost all he wants... 4G63 is a strong motor, it's not a time bomb when modded like some other vehicle brands... Of course that depends on the tuner also. Maybe some tuners, you can't boost a lot before it blows?
He never said it was tuned. trust me, i know how a 4g63 works. I own one.

a 4g63 is super strong when tuned CORECTLY. I wouldnt recomend 14-16 psi daily, untuned, anywhere near reliable. at all, nor would i even be concerned about numbers...numbers mean nothing when you grab your time slip.

EVEN THEN, i still wouldnt be going WOT everywhere possible.

to slowgsx95, a 20g on a stock bottom end is fine, but you really should really get those 720's scaled in.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Ohhh.. Hai Gaiz!

matt621 is a splendid one to beholdmatt621 is a splendid one to beholdmatt621 is a splendid one to beholdmatt621 is a splendid one to beholdmatt621 is a splendid one to beholdmatt621 is a splendid one to beholdmatt621 is a splendid one to beholdmatt621 is a splendid one to behold

I wouldnt recomend 14-16 psi daily, untuned, anywhere near reliable. at all, nor would i even be concerned about numbers.
to slowgsx95, a 20g on a stock bottom end is fine, but you really should really get those 720's scaled in.
When i had my dsm i was running 17 psi spiking to 20psi on my 14b daily driven and street tuned by a SAFC noob (Myself). It ran perfectly fine. just my .02
Good luck with your project! DSM
Old 05-07-2009, 06:13 PM
small town guy

Im picky.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:43 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

He never said it was tuned. trust me, i know how a 4g63 works. I own one.

a 4g63 is super strong when tuned CORECTLY. I wouldnt recomend 14-16 psi daily, untuned, anywhere near reliable. at all, nor would i even be concerned about numbers...numbers mean nothing when you grab your time slip.

It looked like you were telling him to take it easy even after it's tuned. But shit... I WOT my DSMs all over the place. It's not a problem on a car that's properly put together and tuned.

but what do I know.. not like I have Mitsubishi experience or anything...
Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Registered Member

slowgsx95 has disabled reputation

at that boost probably 300ish... I'm assuming the chip compensates for the 720 injectors?

You're wasting a lot running that 20G at only 16 PSI. You'd really benefit a lot by getting a better tuning system (i.e. DSMlink) and getting the car tuned for 20-25 PSI.
im sorry i should have said that, yes the ecu is tuned for the injectors but i was wanting to re-tune it anyways just so i can get as much power as possible, ill go with the 20-25 psi
and i guess ill pick up a DSMlink... do you know anyone selling one?

thats my problem...i go WWWOOOOTTT all the time ha i just dont want to blow my shit up

Originally Posted by matt621
Good luck with your project! DSM
thanks man
Old 05-08-2009, 02:51 AM
small town guy

but what do I know.. not like I have Mitsubishi experience or anything...
lol, i wasnt jabbing at your expierince. just making my point.

im sorry i should have said that, yes the ecu is tuned for the injectors but i was wanting to re-tune it anyways just so i can get as much power as possible, ill go with the 20-25 psi
and i guess ill pick up a DSMlink... do you know anyone selling one?

thats my problem...i go WWWOOOOTTT all the time ha i just dont want to blow my shit up

thanks man
Do you want to tune it yourself or do you want dyno time?

Quick Reply: just a few dsm questions