Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

jdmd15b

Old 01-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmchef jdmchef
Default jdmd15b

okay so have a few questions. i am planning on building my single cam and i know there are know aftermarket pistons or rods for it, besides getting a z6 block or boring it over. but i was wondering if there is an oil pan setup from moroso that will fit the motor or any other aftermarket parts?
Old 01-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: jdmd15b

Originally Posted by jdmchef
okay so have a few questions. i am planning on building my single cam and i know there are know aftermarket pistons or rods for it, besides getting a z6 block or boring it over. but i was wondering if there is an oil pan setup from moroso that will fit the motor or any other aftermarket parts?
Turbo, forged rods/pistons, tune, be happy...
Old 01-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

jdmchef jdmchef

thats what im looking to do but i waznt to keep the stock block since its fresh and im not sure on machining it. have done some research but not sure how much work im goin to have to do. but if it cost to much would it be worth it to just go b series
Old 01-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

thats what im looking to do but i waznt to keep the stock block since its fresh and im not sure on machining it. have done some research but not sure how much work im goin to have to do. but if it cost to much would it be worth it to just go b series
Depends on what numbers you're shooting for... 300hp can easily be made w/ a D series...
Old 01-09-2010, 09:12 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Depends on what numbers you're shooting for... 300hp can easily be made w/ a D series...
look at doug talkin like he's the master of the d series now.

Originally Posted by K20_hisatch
Or you could do like 1000 dollar d series bottom, New vitara pistons, new eagle rods, new bearings, and new rings, and make like 330-350 relatively easy with a t3/t4 57 trim and be happy.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

jdmchef jdmchef

any info and possibly help.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
look at doug talkin like he's the master of the d series now.
I'm not the master... I'm still learning... I can build the engine, its just when it comes down to all this wideband, electronic and tuning shit I get lost...
Old 01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

jdmchef jdmchef

gotcha. im just looking to have a little fun with my daily thats all. how do you think th motor would hold up with it being stock turbo witjh a good tune?
Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 AM
Zerofucksgiven

gotcha. im just looking to have a little fun with my daily thats all. how do you think th motor would hold up with it being stock turbo witjh a good tune?
D-series are durable little motors... I have a boosted z6 that I still need to tune...
Old 01-10-2010, 06:14 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
D-series are durable little motors... I have a boosted z6 that I still need to tune...
yes they are.

and bring it down here to livauto and we'll get you tuned, just ask for bwell lol

Quick Reply: jdmd15b