Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

JDM Engine Swaps!! questions

Old 09-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
importonly importonly importonly importonly importonly
Default JDM Engine Swaps!! questions

when you get a motor swap do you have to find like axles and other stuff for the swap to work or does it come complete. im talking about like ac, radiator, motor mounts, everything to make the wheels turn.. or is it like different sites offer different things?? i just noticed like on tigerjapanese jdm they dont say axles and everything that makes my car go now. Im going to do a swap so im going to need some advice help on where to find all the extras ill need to make the jdm motors workfor my ek sedan.. or is there anotherway to do it, or what will i need. when i get the motor will i need to do anything to it before putting it in or is it just drop it in and start it up? will i need to be cleaned from sitting so long?? cause these motors are from likethe 90s is there anything needs to be done to em b4 going in.

Last edited by importonly; 09-02-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Banned

Default Re: JDM Engine Swaps!! questions

im looking at b18s b16s gsr, and the single cam vtech i think b15 of some sorts hit me up with some info

Last edited by importonly; 09-03-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.p...d=20&Itemid=37

and maybe, IDK, email them and ask.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The answers are maybe, sometimes, and do some research. They won't come with a radiator and most things away from the engine unless you buy a complete front clip. Even then, the general rule is to prepare to replace anything important. These engines get ripped out of used cars, so the axles might need replacing or a mount might be missing or a harness might be cut or damaged, etc. If you're expecting to budget for exactly what the engine costs then you're probably going to come up short. Everything might work out fine (and often does) but you shouldn't count on that.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:28 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

I guess hes never head of google.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:18 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by importonly
im looking at b18s b16s gsr, and the single cam vtech i think b15 hit me up with some info
I've been playing with Honda's for years and never heard of that motor, i just had to look it up and it came in a dope looking civic.....

And the B15 Turbo came in this car

Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Banned

ya well ive been googleling for a while just wondering cuz it seems like alot of ppl do motor swaps here.. and i look at vadriven all the time cuzx i like the cars.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

i just want some advice info from ppl on what they do when they get their motor and put it in or get it put in.. or what to get in proformance parts for these b16 and b18 motors, parts that are just better proformanced up rather than left stock.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:36 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Depends on where you go in all honesty although the trend amongst importers seems to be including the mounts, axles, ecu, and harness. I've seen the ac compressor and ps pump on the motors but usually the lines have been cut
Old 09-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned

how have you never heard of b15's there a bunch of em.. b15b vtec, and others good sir

Quick Reply: JDM Engine Swaps!! questions