Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

It's the Honda noob again. LOL

Old 07-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brondon1990 has disabled reputation
Default It's the Honda noob again. LOL

my b8 is a bust done more damage than expected. so looks like i'm scraping it. next to nothing is b20 swap so i was wanting to throw it in my 00 civic. i want to spend little as possible because i do got mouths to feed. so i was thinking maybe sleeving for more boost later down the road but keep the head stock since from what i've read can take a decent amount. i only want the same amount of power i was looking for from the b8 swap i was going to do (200-250whp) i don't want vtec just want it how it is. so really all i need to know is what i should do as far as engine preperation for a turbo kit and my hp goal. need it to be reliable so i dont keep having to buy replacement parts. thanks in advance
Old 07-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway jhholloway
Default Re: It's the Honda noob again. LOL

if you are trying to resleeve the engine you'll be spending a lot. those sleves are weak, but they have been know to hold a decent abount of boost. You could be making 250 on stock sleeves.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:49 PM
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

If you want it reliable I would get it sleeved, but atleast block guard. But I've since stock bore N/A High compression B20 w/block guard crack the sleeves. SO after market if all possible. Dont go cheap because it always bites you in the ass later on. Especially with a turbo setup. And I would say it would probaly be awhile if never that a tune is put on the motor, so again sleeve, it will be well worth the money. For the number you want, the rest should be fine just rebuild it with new bearings, seals and OEM rings, ARP rod/head studs(just to be safe).
Old 07-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Registered Member

jdm99ek has disabled reputation

you shouldnt need a sleeve for lowboost, but a blockguard is a good idea, your lookin at 300-400 dol. for a good one rather than 1200+ for a sleeve not including machine work and installation.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:11 PM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

Blockguard for stock block. IF not build the bottom end, P&P the head, set of cams, & all the other necessaties* to boost the car & then tune
Old 07-21-2010, 11:06 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

b20 stock sleeves are cast differently than their b18 counterparts. thus they are very weak and prone to cracking even under low boost. just go get another ls block if you are trying to save money and boost.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:18 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by somethingwild
b20 stock sleeves are cast differently than their b18 counterparts. thus they are very weak and prone to cracking even under low boost. just go get another ls block if you are trying to save money and boost.
Wrong, the difference is sleeve thickness is a fraction of a cunt hair, i have both a b20 and a ls in my shop right now. and if i can find the camera i will measure both and show you

you guys need to actually do research and stop going off what you hear from people.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi

Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
Wrong, the difference is sleeve thickness is a fraction of a cunt hair, i have both a b20 and a ls in my shop right now. and if i can find the camera i will measure both and show you

you guys need to actually do research and stop going off what you hear from people.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NasTHatch again.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:27 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

PLEASE LET THIS GOD DAMN THREAD DIE
Old 07-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

brondon1990 has disabled reputation

this guy again i swear lol