Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

It's about time for more power. 99 SI

Old 03-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95MustangGT has disabled reputation
Default It's about time for more power. 99 SI

Bought this car awhile ago and i love it. It's my first honda and i like it so far. Now i want to start getting a little more out of it. It has the stock motor in it.

What can i start out with to get some nice horsepower with? I'm keeping it N/A so none of that stuff.

I'm going to open up my exhaust first, so of course a full exhaust and a header, the car came with a greddy mid pipe on it already.

What is a good header to go with? I really don't want nothing to crazy with the exhaust, i want to keep the tip somewhat small...nothing huge. Apexi probably?

After i get that i was going to go with a skunk2 pro series intake manifold and a skunk2 throttle body with a spacer...and a better CAI the one on there now looks pretty cheap.

If you know your stuff about the b16 pm me. I want to learn more about these motors
Old 03-23-2009, 03:33 PM
1/2 man 1/2 amazing

specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154
Default Re: It's about time for more power. 99 SI

i wouldn't recommend putting an aftermarket axel back on it unless it looks stock. you will get pulled over all the time... its not worth it unless you intend on making serious power. If you are looking to make 5hp you should weigh the options over a little bit more power over hundreds in tickets.

i would go race header with 2.5 inch axel back into your stock muffler. thats what i am running.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:35 PM
uhh.. what?

idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly

intake, headers, exhaust, tb; sounds like you've got it all down
thats about all you can do besides changing internals or going boost
do some research on some headers to find which one suits you best
as far as exhaust, i have a comptech usa exhaust on mine and i havent
gotten pulled at all and i've had the car for about a year, but im not sure
if they make that exhaust for the car anymore

Originally Posted by specialblend154
i would go race header with 2.5 inch axel back into your stock muffler. thats what i am running.
this sounds like a good idea
Old 03-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

Well i no longer live in Virginia i moved down to Florida for bigger and better things i guess you could say. They really dont bust your chops down here about stuff like that..as long as its not crazy loud. Which is why i was going to go with Apexi exhaust, i was told they made one that isn't too loud unless you WOT.

What kind of header do you have on yours? Did you feel a nice difference with it on?

And i would like to go with exhaust too because the more you open it up the more power your getting

*edit* Also, whenever i get all of this then put it on, would i have to tune the car to get the best out of it? I know i would have to swap computers because 0BD2 computers aren't tunable correct?

Last edited by 95MustangGT; 03-23-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:37 PM
uhh.. what?

idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly

i have a DC sports header on mine, however i can't tell you the difference it makes because it was on the car when i got it
Old 03-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

Believe it or not, when i first got this car i had it for 2 days and bought a dc sports header and the skunk2 intake manifold..realized im moving to Florida and needed some money to get buy so sold it. what a dumb mistake
Old 03-23-2009, 04:07 PM
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

i have the apexi world sport 2. sounds good. quit to WOT and even then not to loud. at idle pretty much sounds stock. never gotten a ticket, and i live in great bridge. cops haven't messed with here or va beach.

also you could keep it stock computer. you tune it, it could help you somewhat just due to more airflow and things. but it won't be a 40whp gain lol. if you get what i am saying. if you want to tune i'd do little more then that
Old 03-25-2009, 05:33 AM
Anti "DONK"

ShortyzKustomz has disabled reputation

I guess its a love or hate kinda thing, But I had Megan Racing Drift Spec catback on mine, I loved it, I also ran no silencer so it was loud, but sounded deep and clean, I actually got compliments, I got pulled 3 times for it and never got ticket. And I daily drove it 45 miles each way and for about a month through downtown richmmond twice a day
Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

VTEC_Civic97 has disabled reputation

for a header, unless its like some tri-y style or a race header they're all the same so i'd say just go with whatever you can afford, exhaust i'd say apexi WS, looks great and sounds great...intake AEM or Injen are usually the choice for Cold Air but i like the good ol whale penis (password jdm intake) its a short ram but yields pretty good gains as far as intakes go
Old 03-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered member

philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville

i'm on the same page as you pretty much. mine is all stock with a DC 4-1 header. my next mod will probably be a short ram intake or exhaust.

Quick Reply: It's about time for more power. 99 SI