Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Integra Steering/braking/suspension problems HELP!!!!

Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ekb16a3 has disabled reputation
Default Integra Steering/braking/suspension problems HELP!!!!

UPDATE THE SUSPENSION/STEERING PROBLEM IS THE FRONT INNER TIE-ROD. THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES I APPRECIATE IT.NOW ONTO FIGURE OUT THE BRAKE PROBLEM I'M BETTING MASTER CYLINDER BUT WE SHALL SEE THANKS.

OK so first off I have a 1995 Integra GSR

Things I cant figure out!

1.I just replaced the axle on the driver side because the boot was ripped, and my steering wheel was vibrating bad. Now after I replaced it and yes everything was tightened back to spec, anyways after I replaced it I still have the vibration when accelerating from a dead stop. I also am experiencing erratic steering, when accelerating hard the car feels like it loses grip and dives to the left. When downshifting it also shoots to the left. I checked the tie rod on drivers side when replacing the axle i pushed it up and it fell straight down, it does not hold its position at all. Inner and outer tie rods maybe???

2.When it gets really hot out or when I've been driving for a while my brake pedal gradually sinks to the floor. I'm able to pump it and get pressure back but it happens again.I do have ABS.??? Also when the car is cold and I haven't been driving long the brakes work perfect.

3.If I'm driving and have to slam on the brakes the car dives to the left, like i lose control of the front end???

4.When i'm driving I have no sound out of the front end. With that being said when i stop and go to park or back up and turn the wheel to the left or right I get a screeching sound like my dust cover from the brakes is rubbing the rotor. But its not I've checked them any suggestions???

Any and all help is appreciated I don't care if you bash my thread because I don't know why all this stuff is happening I'm not gonna get upset and bicker back and forth. Just want to find out what the hell is wrong.

Last edited by ekb16a3; 07-24-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:38 AM
Registered member

kadafiz has disabled reputation
Default Re: Integra Steering/braking/suspension problems HELP!!!!

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a control arm bushing that was shot.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:21 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So when you turn the wheel you get a screeching sound while moving (wheels are rotating), or just when turning the wheel?

When your brake pedal sinks to the floor, does it only happen when the engine is running?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So when you turn the wheel you get a screeching sound while moving (wheels are rotating), or just when turning the wheel?

When your brake pedal sinks to the floor, does it only happen when the engine is running?
I notice the sound only when sitting still and usually when the car is turned off. and yes just turning the steering wheel left or right.

when the car is off it doesnt sink,only when the car is on and after its been running for a while or it is really hot outside. but lately it has been doing it even when i first start driving.I cant see any leaking lines and I dont see anything leaking from the ABS unit.I'm going to bleed the brakes tomorrow so hopefully that will fix the problem.

Car is just pissing me off everytime I fix something then something else starts fucking up.

Last edited by ekb16a3; 07-23-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by kadafiz
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a control arm bushing that was shot.
But it never did it before I changed the axle. That's what I dont get, everything was fine besides the axle before I replaced it now I still have the vibration and it dives to the left when accelerating or downshifting. feels real loose in the front,feels unsafe I hate for my car to just sit but I dont wanna be out driving it and lose total control and destroy the car or hurt someone and their family.

and the tierod i pushed it up and it just fell straight down. So im guessing maybe thats my issue idk.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:50 AM
Registered member

Bump
Old 07-24-2013, 04:54 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

A worn tie rod end would do that, yes. Really anything that would have been removed when you replaced the axle could be a possible suspect, like any ball joints that got separated or unbolted, etc. It almost sounds like you didn't tighten something down properly.
I'd start with the tie rod first though, especially if you can easily feel that it's sloppy.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
A worn tie rod end would do that, yes. Really anything that would have been removed when you replaced the axle could be a possible suspect, like any ball joints that got separated or unbolted, etc. It almost sounds like you didn't tighten something down properly.
I'd start with the tie rod first though, especially if you can easily feel that it's sloppy.
Thanks. yeah I jacked the car up this morning and there is so much play when I wiggle side to side. Its definitely the tie rod for sure. now I just have to figure out the brake problems. thanks.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Registered member

DELETE THREAD!