Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Integra rear glass question

Old 08-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad
Default Integra rear glass question

So the rear glass on my teg shattered recently so im looking for a new one. I called a couple junk yards and found 1 or 2 off LSs but there telling me that integra rear windshields are not universal when it comes to trim level. I have a 98' GS and have found several LS ones but dont know what fits and wht doesnt. Ive tried searching and no results. I called a couple aftermarket windshield places and they want $800+....... and the closest GS i found was at a junkyard somewhere in winchester which is almost 2 hours away.

Any suggestions ?
Old 08-25-2011, 01:32 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: Integra rear glass question

the only thing i can see that would be different is between the hatch and four doors. and maybe on one of them the trim was crome or something, but not the shape of the glass itself? I could be wrong though.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:35 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

Acura switched the latching mechanism location from 97 to 98. All of the models will fit each other but hatches from earlier years will not fit cars from 98-2001. On the other hand, I do not see why you could no just switch the glass. I believe the glass is the same. The junk yard might be referring to the third brake light location which some models have it in the glass and other models have it in the wing.

Edit: You can still buy my hatch and take the glass out and get it switched to your hatch.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:37 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by bumada
Acura switched the latching mechanism location from 97 to 98. All of the models will fit each other but hatches from earlier years will not fit cars from 98-2001. On the other hand, I do not see why you could no just switch the glass. I believe the glass is the same. The junk yard might be referring to the third brake light location which some models have it in the glass and other models have it in the wing.

Edit: You can still buy my hatch and take the glass out and get it switched to your hatch.
Seeing as how much junk yard dudes deal with car parts, they really don't know shit.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Registered member

SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad

^^^ well thats what i was planning to do actually. i just needa find out for sure if it does fit or not. if you figure anything lmk and ill pick it up
Old 08-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by ryanherington
Seeing as how much junk yard dudes deal with car parts, they really don't know shit.
this is true.

i didnt fuckin difficult itd be to replace the rear glass until it actually happend.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:41 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

The glass will fit without issue, as stated you may need to drill it for the third brake light if your integra is wingless
Old 08-25-2011, 01:41 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

Im sure it will fit. I spent all summer modifying a 2000 hatch to fit my 1995 car. I had both of these hatches next to each other and they are identical.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:44 PM
yaaat.

Originally Posted by SyedUmarAhmad
this is true.

i didnt fuckin difficult itd be to replace the rear glass until it actually happend.

Second sentence one more time please?
Old 08-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered member

lol
i dont recomend touch screen phones^

Quick Reply: Integra rear glass question