Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

integra gsr CEL

Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SYCKDC23 has disabled reputation
Default integra gsr CEL

I went and tested my check engine light today, ones for a misfire but ones a p1508 can anyone tell me what this is, and most importantly how to fix it. Because my car will not idle at all. Wont even try. car runs fine until i put it in neutral or hold in the clutch; completly stalls out while driving. Can someone please finally help me fix this
Old 11-29-2009, 06:17 AM
All Motor All Day

BuddyClubCivic has disabled reputation
Default Re: integra gsr CEL

P1508 = Idle Air Control Valve Circuit Failure

Taken from http://www.2carpros.com/how_does_it_..._iac_works.htm

Common Problems

An IAC motor is highly susceptible to carbon and coking build up; if an IAC goes too long without cleaning it can cause stalling and poor idle quality. Some cars are designed with a large vacuum transfer hose that connects the intake manifold to the IAC (idle air control) motor. If a broken or dilapidated these vacuum lines can cause the engine to lose vacuum which will allow the engine to run rough and die. Inspect all engine and accessory vacuum lines to look for missing, torn or dilapidated lines and replace as needed. Any car that is designed with a magnetic non-motor operated IAC like Toyota/Lexus is subject to carbon and should be cleaned about every 40,000 miles to avoid stalling.

Basic Maintenance

To check the IAC motor remove the unit, with the wires connected turn the key to the "on" position without starting the engine, the IAC should move in or out. If the IAC motor does nothing it has probably failed, replace it with a new unit and recheck system. Note: while the IAC motor is removed clean (use aerosol carburetor cleaner) the passages the IAC uses to control idle air speed, also inspect the IAC for a build-up on the seating (pointed) end and clean as necessary.

Here's a writeup on honda-tech http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1575913

Last edited by BuddyClubCivic; 11-29-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

SYCKDC23 has disabled reputation
Default Re: integra gsr CEL

Now, will this start the car from not idling at all? I mean theres nothing poor or low about it, it just doesnt idle at all