Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

integra engine damperner

Old 11-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts
Default integra engine damperner

does anyone know if these dampers really work or not ?

94-01 Acura Integra Ingalls "Stiffy" Engine Torque Damper

SEE HERE
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...roducts_id=250
Old 11-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: integra engine damperner

They work. How much they work really depends on what you're doing.

Think of the engine mounts as springs, which is what they are. They're just made of elastomer or rubber or whatever instead of metal. The damper (I can't call it a "dampener", sorry) just damps the energy in the engine mounts. It works the same way as suspension springs do, but for your engine.

That being said, whether or not it is worth getting is debatable. If you already have stiff engine mounts (aftermarket or whatever) then the engine movement won't very much, so there isn't much energy to damp. I don't really consider them especially necessary for most cars, but you'll probably notice a small difference if you want to spend the $150 for one. I wouldn't, but that's just me. I think it's money better spent elsewhere on your car.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

disisaghettosn is on a distinguished road

Yeah man, have one on my EM1 and you can tell a difference. There is very little motor movement or twist during acceleration and it just feels a lot more solid. I dunno about the reduced wheel hop and all that jazz but overall it's a decent buy.

Edit: Damn, Fabrik8 beat me to it by seconds. But he's the shit and knows what he's talking about so it's all good .

Last edited by disisaghettosn; 11-04-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered member

C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
They work. How much they work really depends on what you're doing.

Think of the engine mounts as springs, which is what they are. They're just made of elastomer or rubber or whatever instead of metal. The damper (I can't call it a "dampener", sorry) just damps the energy in the engine mounts. It works the same way as suspension springs do, but for your engine.

That being said, whether or not it is worth getting is debatable. If you already have stiff engine mounts (aftermarket or whatever) then the engine movement won't very much, so there isn't much energy to damp. I don't really consider them especially necessary for most cars, but you'll probably notice a small difference if you want to spend the $150 for one. I wouldn't, but that's just me. I think it's money better spent elsewhere on your car.
thanks for the input ....i was only concidering it bc i didnt have to money to buy aftermarket mounts and the new motor i put in has a lot more torque than i had planned and when ever i take off (not launching) i can feel the motor banging around
Old 11-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by C_WAKE
thanks for the input ....i was only concidering it bc i didnt have to money to buy aftermarket mounts and the new motor i put in has a lot more torque than i had planned and when ever i take off (not launching) i can feel the motor banging around
Well, based on what you just said, I'd still use that money to get new mounts instead. The damper can only damp in one direction, so if you have soft stock mounts then you'll still have lots of slop in other directions that the damper can't control.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Well, based on what you just said, I'd still use that money to get new mounts instead. The damper can only damp in one direction, so if you have soft stock mounts then you'll still have lots of slop in other directions that the damper can't control.
very good point
Old 11-05-2009, 07:02 AM
All Motor All Day

BuddyClubCivic has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by C_WAKE
i was only concidering it bc i didnt have to money to buy aftermarket mounts and the new motor i put in has a lot more torque than i had planned and when ever i take off (not launching) i can feel the motor banging around
You can try the prothane motor mount inserts. However, they are pretty stiff so you will get some vibration in the car. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PTP-8-1904