Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Intakes for a 03,04 Cobra.

Old 12-23-2004, 10:01 AM
RS Doscientos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic
Default Intakes for a 03,04 Cobra.

A friend and I are debating what filters are showing the best gains.

He says S And B and I say K an N.

The only p roblem is I know K&N's have proven their gains time and time again, and he has nothing and cant find the suckers.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Intakes for a 03,04 Cobra.

I was in advance auto earlier getting some spark plugs and they had a K&N informercial on and it said, "What car do you think had the biggest performance gain from our performance air filter? Answer after this break"

Said the 03 Cobra was with something like 30-35hp. Don't know if that helps, I treid
Old 12-23-2004, 10:23 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

^ Thats what I was trying to tell him. It has a rep and has been proven time and time again...
Old 12-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Doin' it

IthinkI1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Apten has a dyno graph claiming a 21whp gain. JLT ram air claims between 16-20whp, and their cold air kit claims more. I dont know about K&N, and of course all of this is based on what a company says it did for them. Im still stock, maybe you wanna try some other sites....more related to SVT, with guys that have intakes for your answer. Svtperfomance.com, and modularfords.com. Oh, btw, it appears most of these cold air kits are using K&N filters.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:26 AM
RS Doscientos

Ive only heard good things about JLT and their products.

I find this argument boils down pretty much to what you find at a good price. The reputation of K&N is what sells me though, knowing that their product has been around, I mean I havnt even heard of S&B before now.. how much do they usually go for and where do you pick them up at?
Old 12-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Doin' it

IthinkI1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Since i havent really planned any mods until after the holidays, i really havent bothered to do extensive research, so your best bet would be to check out those sites. You can just browse the "terminator" sections without being a member and you will probably find a link or some answers there. If this was two months in the future i might be able to help you.