Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Intake manifold install

Old 08-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be
Default Intake manifold install

I was wonderin anyone could give me some pointers or good refrence sites to install an intake manifold on a Ls. This is my first project and am kinda sketched out with changin this, due to the fear of messin up the fuel rail, TB, ect.
Anything I should be careful of??
Any one know of any good websites??
Thanks for any/all help!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm a WHORE

HunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud of
Default Re: Intake manifold install

google.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned

my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech my88crxvtech

what kind of mani are you trying to install?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:04 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just got hired at Napa (i know, not the best, but its a job) and i was wondering what the starting wage for a general service technician??

and you cant do an intake mani on a honda???they are easy as shit to do...

sorry man i had to
Old 08-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Hi

Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be

Tried google already, nothin good really came up.

It's a Type R Mani for Ls.

Nftuatn: I'm still learning! That's why I got the job at napa, to learn some stuff. Did you start out knowing everything??? I'd rather ask and do it right than think I know everything, try it, and mess it up. And that's the second time you've brought up napa in one of my threads. U mad I work there or somethin??
Old 08-12-2009, 03:50 AM
Registered Member

brandon.beene can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Integra2Be
Tried google already, nothin good really came up.

It's a Type R Mani for Ls.

Nftuatn: I'm still learning! That's why I got the job at napa, to learn some stuff. Did you start out knowing everything??? I'd rather ask and do it right than think I know everything, try it, and mess it up. And that's the second time you've brought up napa in one of my threads. U mad I work there or somethin??
will a type r fit on a LS? i know most b series parts are interchangable, but i thought the manifold for the type r was a differnt bolt pattern...i could be wrong, Ive never done it before.

Its pretty easy honestly, a retard can do it...(not saying you are a retard). make sure you torque it right, if you need any help try a chiltons book or haynes book..they sell them at napa and it will be a good investment for future projects.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Hi

It's a "type r" made to fit a Ls.

I have a chiltons manual and that didn't help much either, it basically said pull everything off and remember how you took it apart to put back on. Hahaha.

But I will just give it a go and let y'all know how it went.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm a WHORE

HunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud ofHunterJohnson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brandon.beene
will a type r fit on a LS? i know most b series parts are interchangable, but i thought the manifold for the type r was a differnt bolt pattern...i could be wrong, Ive never done it before.

Its pretty easy honestly, a retard can do it...(not saying you are a retard). make sure you torque it right, if you need any help try a chiltons book or haynes book..they sell them at napa and it will be a good investment for future projects.
any idea how much the books are. might want to get one.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi

Umm, yes, I know, I have one...
Old 08-12-2009, 10:30 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Make sure that you have a RAZOR blade handy

Quick Reply: Intake manifold install