Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Which injectors?

Old 03-07-2004, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atomic concepts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which injectors?

I have a '88 crx,with a ls turbo build up.Which injectors will work?
Old 03-07-2004, 02:02 PM
The Comeback Kid

Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76
Default Re: Which injectors?

What are you using as far as fuel management? Fmu? Hondata? Hack?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:09 AM
BRB, shark week.

Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible

12,654cc injectors.
No. But what are you using for fuel management?
You've also gotta think about a new pump too...
Old 03-08-2004, 12:58 PM

I have the b&m fuel press reg. and the vortec fmu.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Rotatin'

SBMotors has disabled reputation

Are you wanting to know what brand injector or what size to use?
Old 03-09-2004, 02:53 AM

i need to know if i need the peak-hold injectors or the saturated type?and if the obd1 plugs will fit?
Old 03-09-2004, 03:13 AM
Rotatin'

SBMotors has disabled reputation

I would try the stock injector type first. The 88-91 Civic SI/CRX SI used 240cc peak & hold injectors. I would increase the size though for a turbo. Most of the stock turbo cars; 91-up MR2 turbo use 440cc P&H, 88-91 & 93-to last Supra turbo 550cc P&H, and all Mitsubishi turbos motors are P&H. The only turbo cars that did use SAT were 93-up RX-7 TT 500 cc SAT prim and 850 cc SAT secondaries and the 90-96 300ZX TT used 370 cc SAT. I would use the peak and hold type just increase injector size. As far as the plugs, I'm pretty sure the all OBD0, OBDI, & OBDII will plug in together on most cars, but don't quote me on that. I'm guessing off the top of my head. I've never run into a problem yet with injectors pluging in on any engine swap, just sometimes the clips that hold them in are different. If anyone knows different, please let me know.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:58 AM

Thanks alot
Old 03-09-2004, 04:32 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by SBMotors
I would try the stock injector type first. The 88-91 Civic SI/CRX SI used 240cc peak & hold injectors. I would increase the size though for a turbo. Most of the stock turbo cars; 91-up MR2 turbo use 440cc P&H, 88-91 & 93-to last Supra turbo 550cc P&H, and all Mitsubishi turbos motors are P&H. The only turbo cars that did use SAT were 93-up RX-7 TT 500 cc SAT prim and 850 cc SAT secondaries and the 90-96 300ZX TT used 370 cc SAT. I would use the peak and hold type just increase injector size. As far as the plugs, I'm pretty sure the all OBD0, OBDI, & OBDII will plug in together on most cars, but don't quote me on that. I'm guessing off the top of my head. I've never run into a problem yet with injectors pluging in on any engine swap, just sometimes the clips that hold them in are different. If anyone knows different, please let me know.

he said he has an fmu and a fuel pressure regulator, if he uses any injector that big his car wont go anywhere because he wont be able to pull fuel out to make it run properly, all the clips are not the same but they will plug into the head, the MAX injector you should use if you have no fuel management is 270, if you get a piggy back or hondata you can step up to bigger injectors but IF YOU CANT PULL FUEL THEN YOUR CAR IS GONNA RUN SO RICH THAT IT WILL SUCK THE FATTY.......if you have an ls turbo and no fuel management,stay with stock injectors until you do,then upgrade injectors and get the car tuned................and if its a stock motor and you want to drive it on the street, get an afc, some 310 injectors and run 13psi all day on pump gas....if you put 550's or 440's on your car with no fuel management, your car wont even stay running......my car wouldnt stay running with 440's WITH AN AFC and lots of fuel pulled out, it was so,so rich.....so now i run 310's......
Old 03-09-2004, 07:22 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get some volvo turbo green/804 injectors. They are 310cc P&H. Alot cheaper then getting brand new RC ones. If you dont have LOW Ped. you will need a restistor pack. You can find those inside drivers side engine comparment.

Quick Reply: Which injectors?