Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Injector Questions

Old 02-19-2003, 08:30 AM
corona connessuer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Injector Questions

ok what all has to be done to run dsm turbo injectors?

i have heard that i would need a resistor box?

these will be going in a 98 ex civic that is obd2

what would have to be done for an obd1 car?
anyone know the cc of these dsm units? they have blue tops.

i am thinking that the differences are that the injectors have different impedences?

hell i cant remember i know that there is suppose to be a difference between the obd2 and obd1 injectors.

any help or links are appreciated!!!

thanks!
Old 02-19-2003, 10:33 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

resistor box off of like an older prelude or crx, theres 4 wires in the injector harness that need to be cut and hard wired,im not exactly sure how to do it cause shad did mine when i walked to mcdonalds, hes a fast worker, but i tore the harness apart to retape and solder and thats what i noticed, one part of the harness plugs into the resistor box but its all the same cause it runs back out through the same connector, also you need some type of fuel controller....
Old 02-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

kenbdSi is a jewel in the roughkenbdSi is a jewel in the roughkenbdSi is a jewel in the rough

There is actually two ways it can be done. You can get the resistor box or run some individual resistor inline. I did mines with the resistor box and it is pretty simple. Got this info from another site.

You can get DSM clips (or RC clips) and cut off the honda clip and wire on the dsm clip on. This would work just fine. I personally didnt want to cut up my engine wiring harness so i moded the injectors.

You need to wire a 10watt 10ohm resistor inline with each injector. There is two wires going to each injector, one is a yellow/black (ground), and the other is a lead (blue, red, yellow, and brown i believe). What i did was put the resistor inline with each of the yellow/black wire (the wire which is the same color going to each injector). So all ya do is cut the ground wire, the yellow/black one, put the resisitor inline, little electrical tape, and ur good to go.

To use a honda resistor box is every similar. The resistor box has 5 wires coming out of it. One is a ground lead, and the others goto the injectors. To wire it up...do the following.

1. cut all the yellow/black wires off each injector and route them into the injector box. (doesnt matter what order)
2. Wire the lead on the resistor box into ONE of the yellow/black wires which used to goto your injectors. (doesnt matter which one)

You dont have to touch the lead injector wires (the red,blue, yellow, and brown wires).

I hope my pics post

[IMG]howtodsminjector.ipg[/IMG]
Old 02-19-2003, 04:40 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

blue top dsm injectors are either 250cc (from 1.8L) or 440cc (2.0 turbo)

Last edited by g S x; 02-19-2003 at 06:29 PM.